NGD: 85 Squier Tele MIJ

tjbrokaw4

Silver Supporting Member
i wasn't looking for a guitar today, just killing time. I found a 85 Squier Tele MIJ on the rack and made an impulse buy. It really sounds great and the neck is wonderful.

Does anyone here have much experience with them?

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
If it has the 6 saddle bridge with the L shape saddles, keep an eye on the two saddle screws-they can vibrate out of adjustment so the saddles isn't sitting properly on both screws. No big deal but something to be aware of. Some light loctite or similar can be handy.

smiert spionam

Silver Supporting Member
They can be great. I sold one to a friend who really liked it -- should have kept it. Chuck Prophet has played one for many years.

rpjones

I played one in the early to mid eighties and it was one of the best guitars I ever played. I would have bought it if I hadn't been broke at the time!

b3l5tele

Silver Supporting Member
I have an "sq" serial number Japanese Squier from the 80's. It is a great sounding Tele. I would bring it to lessons with Ted Greene and he really liked the way it sounded, especially after it was set up Ted style with .13 to .58 strings.

Snottyboy

I have a '85 Squier Strat that sounds and feels great. Also have a '89 Fender MIJ Tele that is fantastic, too. I've upgraded all the electronics on both, and that does help considerably. The only thing that I don't love about them is that they seem to have a heavier finish that you might typically see. They are both keepers, though.

Trending Topics