• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: A Keeper

CaliCaveMan

Gold Supporting Member
Recently picked this up used and was pretty surprised someone wanted to sell it. Got a really good price too.

I swapped pups to SSV’s as the pups in it were just too bright and added the Wilkinson saddles for killer tuning stability. I’m so happy to have it. Plays great, sounds great, looks amazing. It’s a keeper! Happy 4th all!

Suhr for the Win!

Last edited:

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
I was pretty shocked someone wanted to sell it.
Yeah, that top is stunning - it's like ripples in a lake. The seller probably wanted something symmetrical, but that top is A-OK as-is. I bet it plays and sounds just as good as it looks, too!

CaliCaveMan

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, that top is stunning - it's like ripples in a lake. The seller probably wanted something symmetrical, but that top is A-OK as-is. I bet it plays and sounds just as good as it looks, too!
It really does. When I got it, a proper setup was needed for sure. I think someone tried to change it up and probably didn’t have much experience.

CapnRex

Recently picked this up used and was pretty surprised Someone wanted to sell it. Got a really good price too.

I swapped pups to SSV’s as the pups in it were just too bright and added the Wilkinson saddles for killer tuning stability. I’m so happy to have it. Plays great, sounds great, looks amazing. It’s a keeper! Happy 4th all!

Suhr for the Win!

Know what I'd do with that?

Frickin' play it, man. That looks awesome!

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
Recently picked this up used and was pretty surprised Someone wanted to sell it. Got a really good price too.

Suhr for the Win!

Big congrats on the new guitar! It’s a real stunner. That top is beyond incredible. It almost looks like marble. Very, very cool.

Jabby92

That looks amazing. Normally I am not a big fan of that type of maple top but in that combination I love it. Nice guitar.

jhumber

Fantastic looking guitar. Looks like one of the Humbucker Music limited run models?...they had a bunch of stunners in there over the past year or so.

CaliCaveMan

Gold Supporting Member
Fantastic looking guitar. Looks like one of the Humbucker Music limited run models?...they had a bunch of stunners in there over the past year or so.
It was. Someone bought it and I guess decided they didn't want it. I admit the guitar was pretty bright with pups it came with. I could dial it out in my rigs, but it made for a hassle switching guitars and I really thought the SSV's would be a better fit and I really dig those pups, so I went for it and am very happy with the results. I'm really happy to own such a gorgeous piece and it plays fantastic.

Smacky the Frog

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm normally not into swirly looks (I DETESTED the Suhr "root beer" run) but that looks all kinds of cool and badass.

What were the original pickups, the ssh or ssh+?

Trending Topics