NGD a very cool Strat

Theorist

Supporting Member
Bought this near mint Lonestar MiM Strat from a friend for a good price.

I usually don’t like green guitars but Ocean Turquoise is a really unusual and interesting color, it is green, but sometimes it looks like it’s blue.

It has a strong fender humbucker on the bridge with S1 switching to single and Tex mex singles. Despite the higher output pickups, it still sounds like a Strat. I really like position 2 with the humbucker on!

The 70’s style headstock is a plus for me, I really like them. All in all a solid nice looking instrument!

Last edited:

Kentano2000

Ocean Turquoise, Lake Placid Blue, and Lucerne Aqua Firemist (exclusive on the EJ Rosewood Strat) are my favorite Fender finishes. Congrats!

Chicago Slim

Congratulations! Ocean Turquoise is a favorite color for me. But, I love green Strat's.

The Lonestar's and Blacktop's, have my favorite Fender neck. I have a Blacktop neck with the smaller head stock, that I will never get rid of.

Last edited:

fescue

He shoots and scores. Way to go on that one. I bought one of these about two years ago, same color, and love it. Plays great and I do love the humbucker. It’s a nice addition to the land of Strat.

Theorist

Supporting Member
Thanks for the kind words fellas, it’s also nice that it is my son’s birth year guitar, something much more attainable than my birth year guitar!

Bet it sounds great through that Vibro Champ!
Yes, it definitely does, it has a really nice WGS speaker.

Cool guitar but the Vibro Champ might be the main attraction (to me anyway) in those pics!
Thanks, it’s a 1977, not sure if these are particularly sought after, but cosmetically it’s also near mint, which is really nice for a 40 year old amp. I have it for little over a year, and since it sounds and works fine, I haven’t gotten around to open the chassis to peak inside yet, but someday I will.

Last edited:

monty

Lovely! Love the Lonestar set up. I have a MIA one, great all round guitar. I wish they offered them in the MIM colors back then. Yours looks great.

Trending Topics