• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: Agile AL-3100

AdamRandall

I'll post more in depth reply when I'm not on my iPod as to 2000 vs 3000. As to the semi custom- there's a tab at the top of the rondo page. They offer only certain models in rounds. You select from options (neck, color, hardware, pickups, binding) in drop down menus and pay a down payment. The rest is due when it's ready. Mine was due in April and done early. Took about 5 months.

peskypesky

I have yet to try an Agile guitar, but I am very intrigued. Is it safe to say that Agile > Epiphone?
my Agile is better than any Epiphone i've tried out at GC. but that's just my personal experience and i have not tried out every Epiphone model. but i've tried a bunch.

saneff

I have Gibson Les Pauls and an Agile 3100. To be honest, I like the Agile the best. That's the absolute truth. It just sounds better and plays better.

Blakemore

Silver Supporting Member
I have Gibson Les Pauls and an Agile 3100. To be honest, I like the Agile the best. That's the absolute truth. It just sounds better and plays better.

THis^

Im the same way. I love my Agile 3000's especially when compared to any Gibson Ive owned or played...too many to count unfortunately. The Agile's just are so resonant and just seem to sing in my rig.
I cant speak for the 2000 series, but I am a big, big Agile fan.

Congrats on the beautiful guitar OP!

5E3

It's a "semi-custom." Absolutely incredible at any price point. Most resonant LP I've ever played. I have an AL-2000 with some SD 59's in it and my brother has a gold top totally rewired with seth lovers. I feel no need to ever buy a "real" les paul.
Excellent. Congrats! Very beautiful grain!

How much does it weigh? I had this gorgeous AL-3100 with birds-eye maple top and loved everything about it except the weight.

Mine was just over 13# and a real back breaker :(

patentcad

It's not as nice as an R9. But is an R9 10x nicer? Because it costs 10x more.

No.

Enjoy the guitar.

peskypesky

RedTiger

There are some pretty funny comments in this thread! :D
You realize that we can see your previous posts right? Like, right now I can search and see what you've said in various threads in the past regarding Agiles? Your track record in these threads is public info.

Why don't you tell us what you really mean by "funny"? And then explain to us why you seem to have an agenda. Either that or go post in another thread if all you've got in passive aggressive comments to make.

These are the types of posts TGP could do without.

patentcad

well, scientists also say there's global warming, so can you really trust what they say? :bonk
I can find 100 scientists with PhD's and long resumes to back up global warming theories, vs. one hung over guitar weenie on TGP to attest to the relative value of Agile vs. Gibson guitars.

RedTiger

I can find 100 scientists with PhD's and long resumes to back up global warming theories, vs. one hung over guitar weenie on TGP to attest to the relative value of Agile vs. Gibson guitars.
Seriously, why did he go there? Why? What could that possibly add to the thread?

Trending Topics