NGD-Anderson Hollow Classic

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by alguit, Dec 18, 2009.

1. alguit

alguit Member

The pictures below are from the gentleman from whom I bought the guitar, David R-a terrific person! I'll post some of my own when I get the chance...

This is my third Anderson; one was a Hollow T I had to sell for economic reasons and the other was a 90's sunburst Hollow Classic I had to sell to pay for my brother's funeral.

David had this one in the guitar emporium, and I had to go for it-the "Anderson itch," a pretty guitar at a very fair price. This one is a 2005, bookmatched Swamp Ash top on a Swamp Ash body with a nice faux binding. Stainless steel frets, vintage-voiced pickups, pull up on the tone to add the bridge pu to the neck...

It sounds like a nice old Strat but with a bigger bottom and a sweeter top end. I've played it for a few hours tonight into a Zinky Mofo and Zinky 2x12 cab and a Matchless Lightning-it sounds amazing, with a bit more midrange "push" than my older one, which is a good thing indeed.

These guitars just are testimonies to build quality, playability and tone. I wrote to the company a few days back with a question and comment and Tom himself wrote back just a short while later-a class act, that man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Good one indeed..
    Thought about purchasing that one myself, only the oversized neck on Andersons doesn't work with my small to medium hands
    (as I've had three of 'em)
    Enjoy that baby.. those are great axes

3. alguit

alguit Member

Thanks! I've learned tonight that the .030 increase isn't all that substantial-they go up, I think, three more increases, right?

Compared to the baseball bat that is my '59 Les Paul RI, this is still rather small...

Thanks again, and I always enjoy reading your posts throughout TGP.

-Alan

4. Lublin

Lublin Senior Member

That thing is gorgeous, Alan! Best of luck of with it.

I owned a '96 Drop Top with Switcheroo system that I really regret selling. I'm just not man enough for a 25.5" guitar!

5. alguit

alguit Member

Thanks, Rich! I had a Hollow T with the Switcheroo system-that was great!

See you on campus, though I'm not teaching anything at WAC this spring...

Let me know if you have any Jersey gigs-I'll do my best to get there!

6. mdog114

mdog114 Member

Sweet!

TA makes a fine guitar.

7. blues junkie

blues junkie Member

I wanted that in the worst way!!!!!!!!! But no money got in the way. She's BEAUTIFUL. Tom makes a great guitar. I love my Hollow Cobra S.

Congrates on a great guitar. If you find that you can't bond with it ... I'll take it off your hands.

8. picnic

picnic Supporting Member

Congrats! I thought about that one myself also. Even though I'm not a big fan of gold hardware, that combination works. Beautiful.

We got to start an NJ TA owners support group.

Good luck with it. Happy Playing as Roy says.