• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD - Another Awesome GC Used Score!

Scores like this are the reason I am such a huge fan of GC used...always something interesting to find for a killer price! Couldn't find a ton of info online, but I came across this interesting looking D'Agostino LP Custom earlier this week for $150 and pulled the trigger. Far as I can tell some of these were made in Japan (the nicer ones), others in Korea, EKO in Italy was involved at some point, etc. I decided to grab this because it looked like it belonged to the category of "nicer" LP copies...set neck, quality tuners, and beautiful cream binding all over. Also has the fret nibs, which I haven't seen too often on these.

It arrived today in really great shape, and man is this ever one killer LP! Turned out to have a Dimarzio Air Zone in the bridge (sweet!), and I believe it dates to 1981 judging by the serial and info I found online (though I could be wrong, there's a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to some of these LP copies). Plays great with nice low action, and sounds huge. It has some weight to it for sure like a good LP should, but it's not a boat anchor like a lot of LPs I've come across.

Posting some pics here since I don't think I've ever come across one of these anywhere else online (minus one cryptic post on MLP that didn't provide much useful info), and I'll get some clips up shortly as well because it really is a killer sounding guitar.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Holy Sweet Bajeebus!

Great Score

I'm also a fan of GC used. It is always one of my first places to look for anything I need. I'll usually find used pedals there cheaper than anywhere else and they have a great return policy.

Holy Sweet Bajeebus!

Great Score

I'm also a fan of GC used. It is always one of my first places to look for anything I need. I'll usually find used pedals there cheaper than anywhere else and they have a great return policy.
For sure, the return policy is pretty much the best around...I've chanced SO many guitars there sight unseen with no worries because I knew I had 45 days to return it if it's a dud or if something isn't right. Really exciting to get an awesome guitar that inspires you to play for so little scratch...not to mention one you don't typically see so it's something a little unique and interesting. I'd love to get some more information on it, but info seems to be really scarce on these online and I'm not sure where else to look. Hoping someone here with more knowledge will chime in and provide additional info.

Texsunburst59

Very cool score CG87.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those in the wild.

Kinda hard to go wrong for what you paid.

Congrats!!!!

Very cool score CG87.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those in the wild.

Kinda hard to go wrong for what you paid.

Congrats!!!!
Thanks Tex! I just found a Suhr Doug Aldrich neck pickup I had lying around so going to toss that in to replace the stock neck pickup, and I'll leave the Dimarzio Air Zone in the bridge since it really seems to work well in this one. Will toss some clips up this weekend!

The return policy is what makes GC used so awesome. It takes the risk totally out of the picture, and I can even do the return at a store and save on shipping it back.
Absolutely, that’s one of the biggest reasons I buy guitars exclusively there. Not to mention the rather frequent steals that pop up :)

rauchman

Wow....very nice guitar. Totally agree on GC return policy. I will only buy through GC because of that policy. Got burned a couple of times buying through Reverb, realizing I didn't like what I had bought. GC all the way.

Very nice!
It looks like it also has a Faber ABR bridge!
I didn't pull the bridge to look for any markings but probably should, the wiring also looks a little nicer than what I imagine would be stock for this one...every little adjustment of the knobs really makes a difference.

I'm a sucker for plaintops. Congrats, it looks great!
Yeah the plaintop along with this finish and the cream binding really sealed the deal for me! I'm curious what the body wood is...it looks like it might be all maple (back even has a bit of flame figuring to it in the right light) but I'm really not sure. Here's a closer pic of the back if it helps anyone ID it a little better:

IMG_6142.jpg

Trending Topics