• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD - Another Awesome GC Used Score!

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
For sure, the return policy is pretty much the best around...I've chanced SO many guitars there sight unseen with no worries because I knew I had 45 days to return it if it's a dud or if something isn't right. Really exciting to get an awesome guitar that inspires you to play for so little scratch...not to mention one you don't typically see so it's something a little unique and interesting. I'd love to get some more information on it, but info seems to be really scarce on these online and I'm not sure where else to look. Hoping someone here with more knowledge will chime in and provide additional info.
Have you had issues at all during Covid? I know in the beginning I would see a bunch of stuff online, but no news if they were actually able to ship that stuff.
And you are saying they even cover used under 45 return, no questions asked? That's pretty good!
I never buy from GC and never even visit my local GC, except for the full Yamaha DXR/DSM PA I bought which was a fair deal.

Have you had issues at all during Covid? I know in the beginning I would see a bunch of stuff online, but no news if they were actually able to ship that stuff.
And you are saying they even cover used under 45 return, no questions asked? That's pretty good!
I never buy from GC and never even visit my local GC, except for the full Yamaha DXR/DSM PA I bought which was a fair deal.
Nah, I really haven't had many issues with GC at all especially given how much I shop there. I've ordered a couple guitars since March, had a bass that arrived with a broken headstock (was packaged rather stupidly) but quickly got a full refund on that and the other couple of scores have gone well.

And yep, 45 days is their return policy for used guitars. If you return the guitar just because you didn't like it you'll be out the cost of shipping but will otherwise be refunded in full (price+tax), if you end up returning it because of an issue (like for instance when they let UPS customize my bass to be headless a few months back!) you get a full refund including shipping.

I don't buy new gear from GC, but thats only because I more or less always buy guitars, pedals, etc. used to begin with. I've had some luck with scores at other places too (like Sam Ash Used), but GC has time and time again been the most fun place to treasure hunt. The lack of risk combined with the fact that its gear from all over the US is awesome (so you see some interesting stuff stores don't usually have, including custom guitars which is the big draw for me...hence the username), and many times the people pricing stuff just don't really know what things are worth so you can get a really insane deal if you know what to look for.

Volute neck FTW. Great score.
Thank you! Really blown away by the quality of this, someone on another forum confirmed to me that these particular models were Japanese (at least until 1984 or so, production moved to Korea after) so that's pretty cool. I'm going to replace the neck pickup (it's stock, decent but nothing remarkable) but I really like the Dimarzio Air Zone in the bridge so that'll be staying. Going to post some clips shortly!

Cornholio

Is that Fujigen factory that did those?I had an 84 greco LP Custom from that factory, and it played great. Had to sell it to may a legal bill...and I miss it. But man, that is a beautiful guitar and a total steal.

Last edited:
Is that Fujigen factory that did those?I had an 84 greco LP Custom from that factory, and it played great. Had to sell it to may a legal bill...and I miss it. But man, that is a beautiful guitar and a total steal.

Sean
No way to say for sure, but very possible it was either Matsumoku or Fujigen given the quality and timeframe.

Werepossum

Congrats, that's a beautiful guitar. I like the book-matched fancy AAA-top guitars but a nice plain top like that, with good wood and a natural finish, is even nicer. Something about them just screams craftsmanship and class.

I've been happy with what I've bought used from Guitar Center (and from Sam Ash) but I've never gotten a deal nearly that good.

Congrats, that's a beautiful guitar. I like the book-matched fancy AAA-top guitars but a nice plain top like that, with good wood and a natural finish, is even nicer. Something about them just screams craftsmanship and class.

I've been happy with what I've bought used from Guitar Center (and from Sam Ash) but I've never gotten a deal nearly that good.
Thanks! The fancy tops are very well represented in my collection, but sometimes I can't resist a classy understated look like this. Really impressed with the build quality on this...clips forthcoming!

Werepossum

No way to say for sure, but very possible it was either Matsumoku or Fujigen given the quality and timeframe.
Maybe both, depending on the build date. Matsumoku built the wood on many Fujigen guitars which were then finished, wired and assembled by Fujigen. (Or so I've read - navigating who built what when on Japanese guitars of the sixties through eighties is kind of a quicksand swamp full of notions and whimsey.)

Maybe both, depending on the build date. Matsumoku built the wood on many Fujigen guitars which were then finished, wired and assembled by Fujigen. (Or so I've read - navigating who built what when on Japanese guitars of the sixties through eighties is kind of a quicksand swamp full of notions and whimsey.)
Yeah it really is a big mystery when you look at that era, strange that better records weren’t kept but I guess maybe no one thought people would wanna know all this stuff 40 years later :).

Trending Topics