NGD: Bartlett Retrospec -- Black (light relic)

Jester

bartlett_retrospec-1.jpg

bartlett_retrospec-2.jpg

bartlett_retrospec-3.jpg

bartlett_retrospec-4.jpg

Just about a week ago I was fortunate to find a Bartlett Retrospec with a black body and a slight amount of relic work. I've owned numerous custom shop Les Paul's over the years, from historic reissues to signature models. The resonance and tone is exceptional and beyond that it's a pretty damn sexy guitar.

There is no doubt that this guitar rivals the best I've ever owned.

Shane S

Congratulations on the new Retrospec. Tom's work is amazing and I hope to add one of his guitars to my stable soon.

Grant S.

Love. Tom's take on the LP is definitely one of my favorites. Fresh and vintage all at once.

How does that nut look in person? Is there is a little "step" where the binding ends and the nut begins, or am I just looking at the relic'ing?

Congrats on the new guitar -- I'd love to try out a Retrospec at some point!

Tramp

Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats! I generally prefer bursts over black in LP style guitars but Tom's body shape really works visuallly in black. I need to play one of these some day!

Jester

Love. Tom's take on the LP is definitely one of my favorites. Fresh and vintage all at once.

How does that nut look in person? Is there is a little "step" where the binding ends and the nut begins, or am I just looking at the relic'ing?

Congrats on the new guitar -- I'd love to try out a Retrospec at some point!
Thank you!

Well put, I agree that Tom's Retrospecs capture a timeless essence that reaches back and delivers something new.

It's just the relicing, no step from the binding to the nut.

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats ... There is something about certain black finished guitars and your Bartlett Retrospec acquisition is one of them.

Enjoy.

Jester

The Retrospec is one of the most underrated guitars out there. They're really great.
Agreed. I've followed your Gil Yaron Bone '59 thread with much interest. My goal is to own one someday, but with that said this Bartlett Retrospec will be staying in the stable.

sinner

Beautiful guitar!
What does your weigh? I think I saw that Tom makes a semi-hollow model too (no f-holes), I guess a type of chambering (?)

Jester

Beautiful guitar!
What does your weigh? I think I saw that Tom makes a semi-hollow model too (no f-holes), I guess a type of chambering (?)
Thank you! The Retrospec weighs 8lbs 6oz which is not bad at all compared to several Les Pauls I've owned over the years.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom