NGD - Better put on some sunglasses before you look in here..

blood5150

Just got her today... I still have the plastic on the pickguard...

I tried to take some pics of my own but they just do not do the color justice... I even put next to one of my old mexican burst strats for contrast... still didnt do it....

The last two pics are ones I found on the net from someone who has either a better camera than me or just better photo skills... either way, his shots look more like the real color...

I think that Im gonna call her "slimer"

Feel free to comment...

AND NOW I MUST GO ROCK.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I really like that one. I think that someone was selling an orange one on the Emporium a while back and even though I'm not a locking trem fan, I REALLY wanted it.

Nice!

blood5150

I really like that one. I think that someone was selling an orange one on the Emporium a while back and even though I'm not a locking trem fan, I REALLY wanted it.

Nice!

The trem isnt so bad because its not a fully floating one... you could even rest it on the body fully if you like....

5E3

What is the neck carve like on those? Thin, thick, C shape, D shape, etc.?

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
The trem isnt so bad because its not a fully floating one... you could even rest it on the body fully if you like....

The problem is that I find the bridge uncomfortable to play and the locking nut is just too much for me.

Nothing wrong with them, but I know I wouldn't keep a guitar with those features so why buy it?

Still dig them though.

blood5150

What is the neck carve like on those? Thin, thick, C shape, D shape, etc.?

I feel that its close to a C shape... not thick or thin, quite in the middle..

It has a nice compound radius and a gun oil finish on it.. real smooth..one piece of quartersawn maple

Here are some specs from Charvels site....

3rd_socal_style1.jpg

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Looks good! Congrats, and play it in good health.

I've got a Slime Green San Dimas on the way to me.

blood5150

Ok.. after some time I must say this guitar is really great...

I hate to use this term, but the neck is like "butter"...

What a bargain... a USA made guitar with Dimarzio pups, real floyd rose trem and a great neck for under a grand?

Got mine for 900 even.

SOLD.

had a friend today over to AB it with his Ibanez S547

We both agreed the Charvel's neck was just insane ! The Dimarzio pups made the Ibanez sound like a towel was over the amp !

cube

i have the same guitars had it for a couple of months now.. i like it lots.. i am gonna green meanie it at some point

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Mmmmm... lime shredder. Nice!

I've been gassing for an Ibanez (old RG) lately. Anyone care to tell me why a Charvel might better? The necks on the Charvels that I've tried feel rounder, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

blood5150

Mmmmm... lime shredder. Nice!

I've been gassing for an Ibanez (old RG) lately. Anyone care to tell me why a Charvel might better? The necks on the Charvels that I've tried feel rounder, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I have an old 1992 MIJ ibanez RG470..(before the AANJ) the 1st good guitar I bought with with my own $$... lay-a-way at sam ash....HS Grad money.

this Charvel neck is more of a C shape... not as flat as the old ibanez wizard necks... but it does have the natural gun oil finish on the neck which the ibanez never had... i wonder what an ibanez wizard neck would feel like with a gun oil finish......:drool

those necks were too thin to take natural finish anyway... maybe they would warp.. who knows...

anyway.. I love this Charvel.... its like a hot rod strat neck.. the best of both worlds....IMHO.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom