• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD - Better put on some sunglasses before you look in here..

blood5150

Just got her today... I still have the plastic on the pickguard...

I tried to take some pics of my own but they just do not do the color justice... I even put next to one of my old mexican burst strats for contrast... still didnt do it....

The last two pics are ones I found on the net from someone who has either a better camera than me or just better photo skills... either way, his shots look more like the real color...

I think that Im gonna call her "slimer"

Feel free to comment...

AND NOW I MUST GO ROCK.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I really like that one. I think that someone was selling an orange one on the Emporium a while back and even though I'm not a locking trem fan, I REALLY wanted it.

Nice!

blood5150

I really like that one. I think that someone was selling an orange one on the Emporium a while back and even though I'm not a locking trem fan, I REALLY wanted it.

Nice!
The trem isnt so bad because its not a fully floating one... you could even rest it on the body fully if you like....

5E3

What is the neck carve like on those? Thin, thick, C shape, D shape, etc.?

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
The trem isnt so bad because its not a fully floating one... you could even rest it on the body fully if you like....
The problem is that I find the bridge uncomfortable to play and the locking nut is just too much for me.

Nothing wrong with them, but I know I wouldn't keep a guitar with those features so why buy it?

Still dig them though.

blood5150

What is the neck carve like on those? Thin, thick, C shape, D shape, etc.?
I feel that its close to a C shape... not thick or thin, quite in the middle..

It has a nice compound radius and a gun oil finish on it.. real smooth..one piece of quartersawn maple

Here are some specs from Charvels site....

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Looks good! Congrats, and play it in good health.

I've got a Slime Green San Dimas on the way to me.

blood5150

Ok.. after some time I must say this guitar is really great...

I hate to use this term, but the neck is like "butter"...

What a bargain... a USA made guitar with Dimarzio pups, real floyd rose trem and a great neck for under a grand?

Got mine for 900 even.

SOLD.

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
had a friend today over to AB it with his Ibanez S547

We both agreed the Charvel's neck was just insane ! The Dimarzio pups made the Ibanez sound like a towel was over the amp !

cube

i have the same guitars had it for a couple of months now.. i like it lots.. i am gonna green meanie it at some point

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Mmmmm... lime shredder. Nice!

I've been gassing for an Ibanez (old RG) lately. Anyone care to tell me why a Charvel might better? The necks on the Charvels that I've tried feel rounder, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

blood5150

Mmmmm... lime shredder. Nice!

I've been gassing for an Ibanez (old RG) lately. Anyone care to tell me why a Charvel might better? The necks on the Charvels that I've tried feel rounder, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I have an old 1992 MIJ ibanez RG470..(before the AANJ) the 1st good guitar I bought with with my own $$... lay-a-way at sam ash....HS Grad money.

this Charvel neck is more of a C shape... not as flat as the old ibanez wizard necks... but it does have the natural gun oil finish on the neck which the ibanez never had... i wonder what an ibanez wizard neck would feel like with a gun oil finish......:drool

those necks were too thin to take natural finish anyway... maybe they would warp.. who knows...

anyway.. I love this Charvel.... its like a hot rod strat neck.. the best of both worlds....IMHO.

Trending Topics