• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD! Bilt Relevator LS

He_Ma

Hi, once again I post NGD a bit late from the day I got it. I usually want to wait at least couple days or more to get to know new guitar. On tuesday this week I traded my old trysty Fano GF6 to this Bilt Relevator LS. For a long time the Fano shared #1 place with my custom Jazzmaster/strat hybrid made by small builder in Finland. Recently I got my Novo serus J and I just felt that for my playing the Novo did the tones I usually used Fano for a little better and I that's why I thought it is time for something new.

The Bilt Relevator LS has roasted alder body, roasted maple neck and fretboard. The feel of this neck is quite close to my Novo Serus J so definitely top tier. Trem is Bilt stamped Mastery (I really dig the ufo tip trem arm feel) and pickups are Curtis Novak gold foils. The switch in the upper horn is killswitch which I probably wont be using much. I'm still waiting my response from Bilt for rest of the specs.

The tone of these pickups is little hard to describe. It has plenty of good highs is the best way I can describe it. There's not any sign of icepick highs, but there is still plenty of high frequencies. They are almost like telecaster, but the tone somohow more balanced. The output is ofc higher cause these are humbuckers. With cleans and edge of breakup tones this seems to be one of my favourite guitars. With more driven tones the tone is bit grittier than normal humbucker which can be both good and bad. It worked really well for lead stuff and Fuzz driven riffs, but for tight punchy rock playing I still would rather pick my Serus J with Lollar Imperials. Over all I'm really impressed with this guitar and I really think it is well built great guitar that can hang with the best guitars out there. Some pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

nasonm

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the NGD!
I have been really tempted to get either a BilT ESG or Zaftig myself!

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! Bilt makes a great guitar, but that's their Relevator model, not a Volare.

He_Ma

Congrats on the NGD!
I have been really tempted to get either a BilT ESG or Zaftig myself!
I actually would get zaftig from Bilt as my next electric. Those are really cool and every Bilt can be had with so many options. At this point I would think one in fiesta red and with 3 tv jones classics.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
I thought about trying a set of those Novak GTX-HMBs but there are almost no reviews online and its a $400 set of pickups so...

He_Ma

I thought about trying a set of those Novak GTX-HMBs but there are almost no reviews online and its a $400 set of pickups so...
There are not many demos having those, that's for sure. This is maybe one of the best:

I bit the bullet and I dig them, but I think these might not be for everyone.

Trending Topics