NGD: Black Water DII (insane freboard)

stealthtastic

This is probably one of my favorite guitars in a while. Sounds and plays about halfway between by Blackmachne B6 and B2.

If anyone gets a chance to snag a Black Water, I really recommend they do!

Down and Out in NYC

Gold Supporting Member
You have exquisite taste in guitars. Love the stuff you've been posting. Really wanting to try the nailbomb to, but I think I'm more interested in the alnico version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EunosFD

Most excellent. I really dig his aesthetics; particularly the finishes. Really outstanding burst. I'm def curious about his neodymium pickups too. Congrats!

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
Absolutely love the design of the guitar. Thanks for posting. My taste would be the natural body with the neck/fingerboard of the quilt top guitar.

Will try to find a website.... unless you can point us to one? Thx!

edit: (found it... www.blackwaterguitars.com)

stealthtastic

You have exquisite taste in guitars. Love the stuff you've been posting. Really wanting to try the nailbomb to, but I think I'm more interested in the alnico version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. The Nailbomb is a great pickup, definitely prefer the ceramic version because I love the cut and attack it has. Since messing around more with this guitar I actually think I will just keep the Rebel Yell in it though. IMO, the mid-gain/vintage hot pickups actually sound more clear for high gain applications.

i am really diggin that guitar. makes me wanna break the sound barrier.
Exactly how I feel when I play it too! :D

Most excellent. I really dig his aesthetics; particularly the finishes. Really outstanding burst. I'm def curious about his neodymium pickups too. Congrats!
The neodymium pickups he does are great. My friend Paul did a review of them and I had a chance to try them out. Very dynamic pickups.

Cool guitar. How do you like the Hannes bridge?
I like it a lot, its extremely comfy and going back to my other guitars always feels worse now. That being said, its not a huge difference, I'm still pretty happy with the hipshot bridges.

Absolutely love the design of the guitar. Thanks for posting. My taste would be the natural body with the neck/fingerboard of the quilt top guitar.

Will try to find a website.... unless you can point us to one? Thx!

edit: (found it... www.blackwaterguitars.com)
Yeah that is his site. He is back ordered a ton and his wait list is not open right now unfortunately. I think even when it opens, it will be 2-3 years at least.

Agreed. The finish looks just right.
Aaron definitely knows how to do a killer finish!

ZackKhoury

Black Waters... MMMM... Seriously, having owned two now? Aaron is, in my opinion, one of the top three solid-body luthiers on the planet. I am absurdly anal about custom guitars, and mine were flawless. Seriously. Once his wait list opens up again? JUMP onto the list. His work was comparable to my Ken Lawrences. Seriously, it's damn near impossible to find a more flawlessly built instrument.

Trending Topics