NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

Da Geezer

I didn't realize it was April already...check the byline on this article.

http://www.gearphoria.com/e-mag/v6n3/#22/z

You guys need to read this article....EVERYTHING he tells others they need to do in their business, is exactly OPPOSITE what he does....I'm speechless :confused:

Well, almost everything....he might be close to achieving #1 (perfection in the build) but I don't know(?)

Last edited:

frisco

Silver Supporting Member
Nearly a grifter. Unfortunate that he has a platform for further scamming.

Stevo57

I wonder what five words those he's done business with would use to describe their experience:

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
I didn't realize it was April already...check the byline on this article.

http://www.gearphoria.com/e-mag/v6n3/#22/z

Wow! I mean...seriously? Wow! How do you write that article knowing that a number of the folks in the guitar community are quite quite, did I mention quite, unhappy with you? He of course does say at the end he's very far from reaching some of those elements, to which we all shouted "Ain't that the truth!"

Here's what I find so ironic about this personally. I met Ian and sat chatting with him one day while sitting in the shop of another very well known builder whose shop is in that same complex. I'm unclear whether the "mentor" he mentions in his article is the same person. But what I do know is that the person whose shop I was in (when I met Ian) has a fantastic reputation on TGP and specifically in this subforum because he and his son exhibit the 5 qualities in the article. While Ian seems to have learned what it looks like to have these qualities, he's not yet learned how to make these qualities anything more than a fantasy in his own work life.

Jazzandmore

You guys need to read this article....EVERYTHING he tells others they need to do in their business, is exactly OPPOSITE what he does....I'm speechless :confused:

I've got a boss like this! He will give you excellent advice on how to be a leader and how to run a unit. He even recommends really good books that give concrete advice. But he personally does the opposite as a leader and just sickens everybody with the stress he causes. The one way he differs from Ian is in communication and timeline. One has to keep badgering Ian and Ian comes up with lies/misdirection only when backed into a corner, all the while Ian is not even close to holding a timeline. My boss is the opposite, he's constantly contacting folks to then lie to their faces (what's interesting is he knows that you know he's lying because he's done it to you so many times), and he wants everything yesterday. It's not possible to back him into a corner because the minute you point out that he is wrong, he just says "Oh well I'll look into that" and hangs up on you.

Whew! Dang, who would have thought that talking about Ian would actually be a positive, it was nice getting that off my chest :rotflmao

frisco

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting that the first line is "I'm not one to look back on things...", like contracts, promises, timelines. That is really the first point of the article.

I didn't even read any of his other columns, this was such a revelation.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member

Well, almost everything....he might be close to achieving #1 (perfection in the build) but I don't know(?)

I'm more "speechless". I don't have the words.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
9 reasons why the Roman Empire fell:
1. Invasions by Barbarian tribes
2. Economic troubles and over-reliance on slave labor
3. Rise of the Eastern empire
4. Over-expansion and military overspending
5. Couldn't find boxes to ship their spears.
6. loss of traditional values
7. Cesar needed his Electric guitar and ask Ian to make him one in time for the battles.
8. Ian did not find boxes cause they were now used to ship spears to the front , finally!
9. Huns arrived too early and started playing drums cause there was no guitar around.

Jazzandmore

Interesting that the first line is "I'm not one to look back on things...", like contracts, promises, timelines. That is really the first point of the article.

I didn't even read any of his other columns, this was such a revelation.

Yeah that line just jumps out for sure. “I’m not one to look back to see what I’m doing wrong...”

M

Member 132475

84428ce0b92c4698f34384a4ec79a398.jpg

plaintopper

Must be a blissful place there on Planet Self-Delusion.

Welcome to the Self Delusion
Come on in and see what's happening
Pay the price, but you'll never get your axe

The stage is set, the band starts playing
Wait, it's only bass and drums
Should have heard guitar but it didn't come

(I got it started ... :)

Last edited:

StevenA

A man is walking along and stumbles upon a “magic” lamp. He rubs the lamp and out comes a genie. The genie tells the man he could grant him any one wish he desired. So the man says he always wanted to see peace in the Middle East in his lifetime. The genie says of all things, he can not grant him that wish but will grant any other. So the man says, in that case, I would like on time delivery of my new IA guitar. Then genie rubs his chin and says “tell me about the Middle East again.”

Trending Topics

Top Bottom