NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
A man is walking along and stumbles upon a “magic” lamp. He rubs the lamp and out comes a genie. The genie tells the man he could grant him any one wish he desired. So the man says he always wanted to see peace in the Middle East in his lifetime. The genie says of all things, he can not grant him that wish but will grant any other. So the man says, in that case, I would like on time delivery of my new IA guitar. Then genie rubs his chin and says “tell me about the Middle East again.”

:D:D:D:D

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
A man is walking along and stumbles upon a “magic” lamp. He rubs the lamp and out comes a genie. The genie tells the man he could grant him any one wish he desired. So the man says he always wanted to see peace in the Middle East in his lifetime. The genie says of all things, he can not grant him that wish but will grant any other. So the man says, in that case, I would like on time delivery of my new IA guitar. Then genie rubs his chin and says “tell me about the Middle East again.”

:spit

Jim S

First post of this thread OP states...

October 2012, I purchased someone's spot who had been waiting 2 years. Puts it back in 2010 for the original order. Here we are at 2018 and no guitar. I get delays and mishaps but 7 plus years.:confused:

Depends. Appropriately using Ur-anus time it still is less than one year.

*a single year on Uranus lasts as long as ~ 84 Earth years.

Jazzandmore

This is genius! If IA can somehow explain that his build times are based on the year patterns of other planets, or better yet maybe he could use his astrological sign and do some math, then he could explain how his builds are actually pretty fast by astronomical standards :roll

M

Member 132475

First post of this thread OP states...

October 2012, I purchased someone's spot who had been waiting 2 years. Puts it back in 2010 for the original order. Here we are at 2018 and no guitar. I get delays and mishaps but 7 plus years.:confused:

I believe what happened was that aliens stole the guitar, and on the way to a galaxy far, far away, the guitar somehow got sucked into a black hole. Now, Ian being a proud, conscientious perfectionist (according to his article referred to earlier), he attempted to device a spacecraft that would travel faster than light so he could retrieve the lost guitar. "Anything for the customer!" Obviously, this took a lot of time and proved to be a dead end. So, he put everything on hold, started from scratch on a new guitar in November, which got the last round of paint in December and is now about ready to ship (provided the shipping box has arrived). Now, had he only ditched the spacecraft idea five-six years ago and moved straight on to building the guitar, this thread wouldn't exist and OP would have been a happy clappy man.

- OR -

Ian simply doesn't give a hot crap about his customers or his reputation.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
No word from the OP. I think he probably would have posted if he had received the guitar and is not posting in this thread anymore for fear of pissing off Ian and further delaying delivery. Is this a hostage situation?

Jazzandmore

I believe what happened was that aliens stole the guitar, and on the way to a galaxy far, far away, the guitar somehow got sucked into a black hole. Now, Ian being a proud, conscientious perfectionist (according to his article referred to earlier), he attempted to device a spacecraft that would travel faster than light so he could retrieve the lost guitar. "Anything for the customer!" Obviously, this took a lot of time and proved to be a dead end. So, he put everything on hold, started from scratch on a new guitar in November, which got the last round of paint in December and is now about ready to ship (provided the shipping box has arrived). Now, had he only ditched the spacecraft idea five-six years ago and moved straight on to building the guitar, this thread wouldn't exist and OP would have been a happy clappy man.

- OR -

Ian simply doesn't give a hot crap about his customers or his reputation.

It is sooo jacked up when aliens steal your guitar! But let's face it, Tone is Intergalactic. And maybe they also ordered one from him and said "Ok we are travelling by light speed from Alpha Centauri. It will take us two years to get there, guitar better be ready....Or Else." Well as an equal opportunity disappointer, he didn't have theirs ready, so they stole one being made for another customer. Right now they are sitting on their planet :rockin. But the ACGP (Alpha Centauri) Gear Page has several threads saying not to travel to order an IA guitar from Earth because after you travel all that way, the guitar still won't be ready.

Last edited:

Jazzandmore

No word from the OP. I think he probably would have posted if he had received the guitar and is not posting in this thread anymore for fear of pissing off Ian and further delaying delivery. Is this a hostage situation?

Who knows, maybe he has been playing it for two weeks and just laughing his butt off at how much fun we are having on this thread. Tomorrow we will all see a NGD post titled "I've got my IA you jerks and it's awesome" :banana

Ha Ha, ok we all know that's not going to happen :D

M

Member 132475

22ongp.jpg

Da Geezer

Not sure about that, but it sure seems like 84 years when yer spending a lot of time hang'n around Ur-anus

:rotflmao

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmmm....

Satoshi gets his guitar, thread vaporized. A similar thing happened on another forum with NGD thread for his new Ian Anderson....

Now this tread is abandoned...

Strange things happening.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Hmmmm....

Satoshi gets his guitar, thread vaporized. A similar thing happened on another forum with NGD thread for his new Ian Anderson....

Now this tread is abandoned...

Strange things happening.

Maybe some kind of arrangement/agreement or deal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom