NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
OP hasn't logged in since Jan 5th. Could be unrelated, but after starting this thread and raising a posse his options for a peaceful resolution are limited.

stashman

Silver Supporting Member
FWIW, Ian asked me (just once) if I could take down my thread, and I basically didn’t respond and just ignored the request - and he didn’t reference it again, nor did he threaten to “hold my guitar up” - hell, it’d been so long how would I even know he was holding it up? I did feel at the time that the thread here did “speed” (a very relative term with Ian) his work habits somewhat. My thread is still on here https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...onths-now-6x9-months-still-no-guitar.1474571/

M

Member 132475

FWIW, Ian asked me (just once) if I could take down my thread, and I basically didn’t respond and just ignored the request - and he didn’t reference it again, nor did he threaten to “hold my guitar up” - hell, it’d been so long how would I even know he was holding it up? I did feel at the time that the thread here did “speed” (a very relative term with Ian) his work habits somewhat. My thread is still on here https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...onths-now-6x9-months-still-no-guitar.1474571/

Outrageous, man. Can the OPs put up an official warning about Ian?! @Scott Auld , @Scott Peterson , @big mike , @Brian Scherzer

Last edited by a moderator:

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Just like @Satoshi, I'm livid that this thread has been left to others to carry the torch. It's almost like the @Ian Anderson mafia got a hold of the OP and told him to hush hush. Coupled with the garbage press Ian keeps giving himself to unsuspecting 'victims', it's just another never ending notch in the belt of suckers that keep him in business.

On the other hand, I hope the OP is ok, this was a fast track thread for him, and he was pretty up front through and through. Just to vanish like that is suspect on many levels.

beorn

I'd find it strange if this thread had been deleted, since the whole point of it was to document for future buyers what happened in this case.

But it obviously hasn't been deleted. The OP just hasn't logged in for ten days, which could mean all sorts of things.

mikealpine

Gold Supporting Member
I don't think a warning is needed from TGP, there are plenty of threads about this. People need to do some homework before simply sending a deposit. In 5 minutes they can come up with enough information to make an informed decision. It's interesting how the actions of one character can impact others, though. I have a guitar underway from a small builder here (no need to name names yet, don't want to imply or associate anything negative to what has been an outstanding collaboration with a really great guy) and sometimes we've discussed how he puts in the extra effort to communicate everything, double check specs, review expectations and dreams for how the guitar will turn out, and so on, because builders can live and die by some of the more viral posts on the various forums.

M

Member 132475

I don't think a warning is needed from TGP, there are plenty of threads about this. People need to do some homework before simply sending a deposit. In 5 minutes they can come up with enough information to make an informed decision. It's interesting how the actions of one character can impact others, though. I have a guitar underway from a small builder here (no need to name names yet, don't want to imply or associate anything negative to what has been an outstanding collaboration with a really great guy) and sometimes we've discussed how he puts in the extra effort to communicate everything, double check specs, review expectations and dreams for how the guitar will turn out, and so on, because builders can live and die by some of the more viral posts on the various forums.

Threads have been deleted before, to put it that way. These should have been made sticky.

Jabberwocky

I'd send Ian Anderson a deposit...

...provided he accept Ur-anus States dollars sent by Ur-anus States Postal Service; he is obviously operating on Ur-anus time and doesn't give a rat's-anus about Earthlings and their always hurry-hurry-chop-chop schedule.

M

Member 132475

In the event of queries, do contact our customer services department.

maxresdefault.jpg

JPH118

Silver Supporting Member
Smart builders that stand behind their word & products should start offering Escrow... that way, they can see the deposit, and it’s protected legally for both parties, but the builder can’t take the money and run for months/years on end.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Gents I think enough guys have come close to the truth that it is time to reveal the full story. I just hope I won't have to go into hiding after this.

Ian is not his real name, his real name is not pronounceable by humans. To keep it simple, "Ian" is from Alpha Centauri and had been contracted to build a guitar for a mob boss. Well you guessed it, delivery day arrived and no guitar. He was given some more time, but months later, no guitar. The guitar was not for the mob boss, it was for his mother who wanted to "shred" as one can only on Alpha Centauri. As a result of pissing the mob boss's mom off, "Ian" had to escape to earth. The mob boss's mom grabbed her sewing needles and declared that she would knit an ugly outfit that "Ian" will be forced to wear the rest of his life, once he is recaptured.

Now some dudes on Uranus agreed to help "Ian" hide out, and they picked Earth to stash him. The one cruel twist is that many times when "Ian" is close to finishing a guitar, they come to Earth and steal it because they also love to rock out. This of course keeps him from being able to complete a guitar for the Alphas to get them off his back, and he's starting to piss off Earthlings too. While it is a cruel thing to do to him, they don’t do it for laughs because they don’t have a sense of humor, as the Galactic saying goes “There is nothing funny about Uranus”.

Things just got real because the other day, they sent a bounty hunter to find him. Now I know you think Hollywood thought this stuff up, but they didn't. The Alphas are serious smart and know how to trick Earthlings. Below is a picture of the bounty hunter, if you see IT roaming around the US saying "I am looking for a guitar builder, I have shipping boxes for him", Do Not be fooled! While it may be a brilliant disguise, the truth is:

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom