NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

scott

Silver Supporting Member
Picked up a Cam 18. Nick tweaked the circuit a bit, it's a great Marshally tone with that chimey Vox top end. I decided, once in my life, to go a bit flashy on the color scheme. Here it is with a matching 2 x 12 cabinet, and a custom Pumaboard to totally pimp it out.

yWKAquU.jpg

That’s really cool, I had a red thunderbolt for a while. One of the few amps I regret letting go. It had that Marshall meets vox thing going on as well.
Love the orange, I’ve got a similar look going on.

John Hurtt

Platinum Supporting Member
That’s really cool, I had a red thunderbolt for a while. One of the few amps I regret letting go. It had that Marshall meets vox thing going on as well.
Love the orange, I’ve got a similar look going on.

I like that...very cool!

dsiew

I don't want you guys to think I'm ignoring you. I just don't have anything positive to add. I've seen pictures of my guitar and all that was left was hardware and setup but that was 30 days ago and then Ian got sick and then he was moving. He is "shooting" for completion next week. I honestly get a stomach ache every time I think about it..

Would you consider getting it picked up as-is with all the hardware you paid for?

I think he used to be connected to the Lentzes. But somehow that went sour.
Scott had him in there ONE day a week and sometimes on Saturdays. As to not drag this out, Scott realized the capabilities of Ian and had enough. How can it take so long for Ian to build when he CNC's the guitar in the first place??

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
When I heard he had to re-spray the guitar, I knew it was going to be months or worse. And he's tricky with the pictures. You never know when they were taken. Still think he pulled the bait and switch on my Flying V. There's a natural one out there with the exact same grain as pics he sent me.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
When I heard he had to re-spray the guitar, I knew it was going to be months or worse. And he's tricky with the pictures. You never know when they were taken. Still think he pulled the bait and switch on my Flying V. There's a natural one out there with the exact same grain as pics he sent me.
As much as I'm a fool for natural finishes, the TeeVee was a really cool concept. Do you still own/play it after the struggle with the build?

sw686blue

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
I got update pics from Ian, everything was where it should be but the color wasn't quite what I was looking for so Ian is going to respray the top. This was just a simple miscommunication between Ian and myself. he said he should be able to take care of that tonight. Not a big deal.

I hear photobucket is no longer cool to use, what is everyone posting pictures with now?

Back to bed for me...

This was posted on November 27th, 2017 by the OP.

Coming up to 4 months to re-spray a guitar top?!?!?!?

Wtf, @Ian Anderson?

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
As much as I'm a fool for natural finishes, the TeeVee was a really cool concept. Do you still own/play it after the struggle with the build?
Never open the case. It has a few minute finish flaws that don't bother me, but I've not put it up for sale because of them. Great instrument, but even admitting that is hard.

beorn

Still think he pulled the bait and switch on my Flying V. There's a natural one out there with the exact same grain as pics he sent me.
There's an Anderson V at Austin Guitar House right now. Is it that one?

If you have the original shots, you could post them side by side with the AGH shots, circling the parallel grain, and this would visually document for any future buyers that Ian tried to pull a fast one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom