NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
When I heard he had to re-spray the guitar, I knew it was going to be months or worse. And he's tricky with the pictures. You never know when they were taken. Still think he pulled the bait and switch on my Flying V. There's a natural one out there with the exact same grain as pics he sent me.
I bet you could pull the metadata of said picture. Upload it on Flickr, it will tell you all you need to know.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
There's an Anderson V at Austin Guitar House right now. Is it that one?

If you have the original shots, you could post them side by side with the AGH shots, circling the parallel grain, and this would visually document for any future buyers that Ian tried to pull a fast one.
Just going to take my word for it. It's tax season and I only visit weekly. All the pics are here in other threads. The guitar that's not mine is the guitar leaning against Ian's vintage stereo set-up.

beorn

All the pics are here in other threads. The guitar that's not mine is the guitar leaning against Ian's vintage stereo set-up.
Yeah, I was curious so I found your thread, but you were using Photobucket then so the pics are all offline now.

However, if you use Gmail and don't delete from your account, the original shots you were sent by Ian could still be there. If so, you could repost them using Postimage or Imgur and I'm sure folks here would swiftly compare to the AGH V to see if it's the same guitar, and therefore not the guitar you were eventually sent.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I was curious so I found your thread, but you were using Photobucket then so the pics are all offline now.

However, if you use Gmail and don't delete from your account, the original shots you were sent by Ian could still be there. If so, you could repost them using Postimage or Imgur and I'm sure folks here would swiftly compare to the AGH V to see if it's the same guitar, and therefore not the guitar you were eventually sent.
It's tax season and I work ninety hours or more a week. Funny how I lump Photobucket and Ian in the same "burn me once" file in my memory banks...

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Shark has his own reasons for not moving his guitar, I don’t think anyone can fault him that. In many ways, he was a key whistle blower in pushing this misappropriation of trust and funds to IA and get things ‘sorted out’ on his end.

He deserves credit for that.

Shark has his own reasons for not moving his guitar, I don’t think anyone can fault him that. In many ways, he was a key whistle blower in pushing this misappropriation of trust and funds to IA and get things ‘sorted out’ on his end.

He deserves credit for that.
I think Matte H deserves credit for warning people about IA and it was one of the reasons he got banned.

Shark was a huge IA defender and he and Henderson went toe to toe with Shark basically saying he was going to beat up Matte ( quite juvenile and humerous)...some people forget history, and I expect Shark wishes he hadn’’t been the one leading the pro Ian charge...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/my-problem-with-ian-anderson-guitars.1474393/

Last edited:

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
I think Matte H deserves credit for warning people about IA and it was one of the reasons he got banned.

Shark was a huge IA defender and he and Henderson went toe to toe with Shark basically saying he was going to beat up Matte ( quite juvenile and humerous)...some people forget history, and I expect Shark wishes he hadn’’t been the one leading the pro Ian charge...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/my-problem-with-ian-anderson-guitars.1474393/

Thanks for sharing, wasn't aware of any of this history. I stand corrected.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
can someone please get a guitar or banjo or ukulele from this fiasco of a person before I die?

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member

I really did not see that in the attached thread---maybe it was deleted? I'm a fan of Matte, bought his CD, had a few PM's, always got along with him, respected his talent and experience. However, I seriously doubt Matte was banned for warning people about IA. Ian already had a poor history long before the referenced thread, and Matte already had a history with the mods.

Shark has been through the ringer with Ian. It's tough when a person turns you from champion to detractor. Painful process to go a full 180.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member

I don't wish. And your revisionist history is laughable. You don't have anything to do with my deals with Ian. You came along after the moderators sorted things out. Apparently, I didn't deserve being banned. That's your problem. I'm here hoping the OP will get his guitar residing in the paint booth sometime soon. You're defending the indefensible.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom