NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
The really sad parts about all of this is how Ian has simultaneously ruined relationships, his brand, his credibility, and in some cases, the excitement of playing the guitar itself.

Plus, he has certainly done damage to small guitar builders in general. And he did it all in less time than it takes him to build one guitar on order.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
The really sad parts about all of this is how Ian has simultaneously ruined relationships, his brand, his credibility, and in some cases, the excitement of playing the guitar itself.

Plus, he has certainly done damage to small guitar builders in general. And he did it all in less time than it takes him to build one guitar on order.

So true ...

StevenA

Just for S’s and G’s, how would someone so deeply dug into the hole they created for themselves, turn things around, repair sunk reputations, and become once again respected and sought after?Has there been precedence in the business world for this kind of reversal?

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Just for S’s and G’s, how would someone so deeply dug into the hole they created for themselves, turn things around, repair sunk reputations, and become once again respected and sought after?Has there been precedence in the business world for this kind of reversal?

Honesty is a good place to start. Refunding all the deposits that have been $hit away is another place to start.

And that's just tip of the iceberg. Somehow, I doubt either of those choices will actually occur.

Deven Patel

I would like to apologize to Ian since he correctly pointed in a PM that it was bad form for me to slam other builders. Also Ian pointed that I have commented
on threads regarding bad behavior by other builders, which I apologize to them. Again Ian correctly pointed that builders as a community we are above
slamming others which I again offer my sincere apologies.

To Ian's friends and customers who noticed that my post are not reflecting good on Mike. I must defend Mike since he is honest and a great person, my
post must only reflect poorly on me.

Ian, I have deleted my post from today. After having most of the day to think over your PM, I have decided that I will transition away from my current role
with Lipe Guitars and Mike.

Again I apologize to the builder community.

(this is sarc) I will continue to speak out in a proper fashion. sorry to those who took it seriously

Last edited:

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Nice diversion by Ian. What a load of crock. The builder community is not obligated to support rip-off artists. If anything, silence could be construed as support, so better to put as much distance between Ian's business practices and yourself in no uncertain terms.

What does a builder have to do to be exiled from the "builder community." I would think that fraudulent scams would qualify. Plus, Ian is a hypocrite. During my interaction with him he never passed up a chance to say horrible things about Lentz. He played victim continually and now he's doing it again with Deven Patel.

If Lipe wants to be part of Ian's community of builders, scratch Lipe of my list of guitars to check out.

Last edited:

Deven Patel

What does a builder have to do to be exiled from the "builder community." I would think that fraudulent scams would quality. Plus, Ian is a hypocrite. During my interaction with him he never passed up a chance to say horrible things about Lentz.

If Lipe wants to be part of Ian's community of builders, scratch Lipe of my list of guitars to check out.
I guess my sarcasm is not clear enough. I will add the sarc text.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
What does a builder have to do to be exiled from the "builder community." I would think that fraudulent scams would quality. Plus, Ian is a hypocrite. During my interaction with him he never passed up a chance to say horrible things about Lentz. He played victim continually and now he's doing it again with Deven Patel.

Think that was sarcasm. I don’t think Mike even knows who Ian A is...

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
....During my interaction with him he never passed up a chance to say horrible things about Lentz....

I'll take scam artists laughably trying to say nasty thingees about incredibly straight-shooting, honest, impeccable businessmen and builders for $500 Alex...

1murlo.jpg

Deven Patel

seems to me that he deleted his post in deference to Ian and the "community of builders."
I tried to get cute with some poor sarc which did not go over well.

look those posts had nothing to add to this thread. here are the two that i remember from today's post.

one was making fun of not seeing the words "shipping box" in the description of his guitars for sell.

the other was about the deleted three posts by moderators from the selling guitars post which i thought was wrong. but was informed by replies that it was against the rules for snarky comments in that forum
#1 - asked about "cod" for purchasing a guitar
#2 - Ian - clever? I am in LA a lot can deliver the guitar and get payment at the same time. Or can visit his shop to get the guitar.
#3 - prudent

Last edited:

'59_Standard

No. What was funny is the sale thread had him mentioning he'll take escrow for those guitars. I hope thats his option for any sales to new clients from now on. If he likes a safety net why shouldn't they have one.

Da Geezer

the other was about the deleted three posts by moderators from the selling guitars post which i thought was wrong. but was informed by replies that it was against the rules for snarky comments in that forum
#1 - asked about "cod" for purchasing a guitar
#2 - Ian - clever? I am in LA a lot can deliver the guitar and get payment at the same time. Or can visit his shop to get the guitar.
#3 - prudent
#3 was my post. I "self moderated" and deleted it after a few minutes.
I’m pretty much done trying to get through to Ian....you guys have at it.
I truly was trying to help him realize his problems, maybe wake up to them and get back on the right road, but I’m afraid it’s a lost cause. As has been said, only time will tell, but we’ve been down this road before, and his attitude is still one of being the victim, I sense(?). Maybe not, hopefully.
I couldn’t buy one of his guitars now anyway....too much baggage and negativity associated.
I feel the same about them as I would owning a known stolen guitar....bad vibes.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I reported his build thread to the Mods.
I am stunned it is allowed to remain.

Then again, the whole world seems to be entirely batsh-t crazy these days.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
I would like to apologize to Ian since he correctly pointed in a PM that it was bad form for me to slam other builders. Also Ian pointed that I have commented
on threads regarding bad behavior by other builders, which I apologize to them. Again Ian correctly pointed that builders as a community we are above
slamming others which I again offer my sincere apologies.

To Ian's friends and customers who noticed that my post are not reflecting good on Mike. I must defend Mike since he is honest and a great person, my
post must only reflect poorly on me.

Ian, I have deleted my post from today. After having most of the day to think over your PM, I have decided that I will transition away from my current role
with Lipe Guitars and Mike.

Again I apologize to the builder community.

(this is sarc) I will continue to speak out in a proper fashion. sorry to those who took it seriously

Personally, I don't think you need to apologize for jack. Is it bad form to slam other builders for different approaches to building instruments? Yes. Is it bad form to slam a crook that just happens to claim to be a builder? Not in my opinion. Ian needs to get off his high horse.

beorn

how would someone so deeply dug into the hole they created for themselves, turn things around, repair sunk reputations, and become once again respected and sought after?Has there been precedence in the business world for this kind of reversal?
Ask me in a year and I might say Facebook. Again. No company this year has taken such a PR beating, but the Facebook userbase has chronic forgiveness disease.

Ever since 2008 or so, after every scandal the users always somehow believed Zuckerberg when he said this time he learned his lesson, he now definitely was going to take major steps, and he would see to it such things would never happen again. (Where have I heard that before?)

What he really meant, of course, was that he was sorry he got caught and next time he'd try harder not to get caught. Same thing he means this time.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
I reported his build thread to the Mods.
I am stunned it is allowed to remain.

Then again, the whole world seems to be entirely batsh-t crazy these days.

I reported it the other day, as well... can’t believe the mods don’t take action.

StevenA

Ask me in a year and I might say Facebook. Again. No company this year has taken such a PR beating, but the Facebook userbase has chronic forgiveness disease.

Ever since 2008 or so, after every scandal the users always somehow believed Zuckerberg when he said this time he learned his lesson, he now definitely was going to take major steps, and he would see to it such things would never happen again. (Where have I heard that before?)

What he really meant, of course, was that he was sorry he got caught and next time he'd try harder not to get caught. Same thing he means this time.
I’m certain that every CEO has contrition and compunction surgically removed as a prerequisite in taking that position. Not to mention govt officials, so we won’t.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom