NGD Countdown to Ian Anderson Standard

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by pfrischmann, Oct 26, 2017.

1. 2016aug29

2016aug29 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Supporting Member

Blow the money on one of Charlie Sheen's girls instead. At list you know things would come on time.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    JPH118 and Deven Patel like this.
  3. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Member

While painfully slow with more delays and passage of time than I care to recount...I finally received my guitar from Ian yesterday. I drove down to get it so I
    knew there would be no more waiting...as some have said it's the "Wow" factor once you get the guitar that kept me sane and not demanding my money back.

The guitar is absolutely stunning! It is such a pleasure to play and to look at.

I spoke in length with Ian about his wait times and unfulfilled promises of delivery dates. I told him if he ever wants to recover he needs to stop taking
    orders and finish what has been promised. We also discussed him starting a build and sell routine instead of taking money for orders and then taking
    years to finish a guitar!

Ian is a very nice guy and means well, but that does not excuse his business practices.

I for one hope he does something to clear up his problems and get his stuff together because I want another one...however I will not order one
    and wait for it to get completed...

I started a NGD thread, but here is just one picture...proof that he does finish guitars.

[​IMG]

NewLeaf09, Thor, Bob Pollock and 5 others like this.
  4. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

When did you place your order?

5. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Member

I bought a place from someone who gave up. The build was already in progress and the guitar body was already rough cut as well as the neck.
    I'm not sure exactly how long the previous purchaser had been waiting, but I know it was years. I also waited years on top of that...

6. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Glad you received your guitar. But what a pathetic set of circumstances. Seriously cannot believe that people still wait for this guy's guitars, and cannot believe a group of people have not banded together and gone after the guy in a class action lawsuit.

From what I have read on TGP - and heard - it's amazing the guy is still in business and that people give him kudos for finishing a product for which he has had a downpayment for 5...6...7 years. Horrible, horrible business practices.

Thwap and sw686blue like this.
  7. GuitarNorton

GuitarNorton Member

I can't believe a group of waiters haven't banned together and kicked his a$$

traviswalk likes this.
  8. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

You mean he's also known for not leaving tips? :eek:

Jabberwocky, sleep, JVJ and 7 others like this.
  9. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

10. '59_Standard

'59_Standard Member

What a great business ethic. I've lost count of the people on this forum who have given up waiting for their I.A guitar and sold their spot for another to be dragged along for the exact same drawn-out ride. Pathetic.

11. Surfreak

Surfreak Member

I am glad you finally got your guitar. I must say however that there is nothing, absolutely nothing that justifies Ian's conduct or business model, and I would never buy or order a guitar from him, irrespective of how great it might be.

Luckily there are many other guitar builder out there who are as good or better than Ian Anderson, and who will treat customers and their hard-earned money with respect and integrity.

jiml, cmatthes and sw686blue like this.
  12. cmatthes

cmatthes Member

This, times 1,000,000.

lifeson1 likes this.
  13. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

With all the reliable and exceptional builders out there doing as good as, or in many cases, more original and creative tributes to classic staples, there is NO reason anyone should be giving him any business at this point. I understand being nice and all, but abusing people's trust and hard earned money has no grounds for cause.

The dollar goes only so far, and it's a true buyer's market out there. I feel so sorry for anyone out there that has been put through builder's hell by IA, but at this point - anyone in line right now is simply being an enabler.

Teleplayer likes this.
  14. cmatthes

cmatthes Member

Well then...there's an enabler born every minute! :D

lifeson1 and atquinn like this.
  15. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Other than a group of people going to jail what exactly would that accomplish?

Teleplayer likes this.
  16. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

This particular builder is a hot mess, and people continue to get themselves entangled with his unacceptable business practices. I am happy for the guy having the NGD but, the rest of this is mega garbage supporting some doosh who is unable to produce an instrument in a timely manner. Are we really comparing his nonsense builds with the rest of the top tier builders ?

No thanks.

This is no better than the last 2 or 3 mega threads about the building drama of this guy's guitars. I still don't want to own one. If I did, I might be dead before he got around to finishing the product. No doubt he would be proud of that.

cmatthes, Teleplayer and sw686blue like this.
  17. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Silver Supporting Member

Never really thought about it, but so true. 5-7 years, who knows what could happen to someone in that period of time.

Order one from Ian, kick the bucket 5+ years later, never get squat. :eek:. Order from all these other great builders, kick the bucket 5+ years later and at least you played your dream guitar for 5 years :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    macmax77 and cmatthes like this.
  18. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Supporting Member

He ran out of switch tips. So This client waited another 14 months until he got one.;)

19. yucatown

yucatown Theory-free noodling enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Well?

20. sw686blue

sw686blue Member

I'm betting on some lame-o excuse from Ian Anderson.

GuitarsFromMars likes this.