NGD - Custom Offset

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by AustinIsPresent, Apr 28, 2015.

1. AustinIsPresent

AustinIsPresent Member

It's been tough not to post about this a whole lot, but a custom I was lucky enough to sort of fall into (long story) was ready to pick up this weekend. A good friend and local builder in Florence, MA agreed to build my quirky dream guitar. A mustang-ish guitar with a trapeze, minihumbucker in the neck, tele pickup in the bridge, a three way switch. Both pickups are Lollar. Neck is walnut, fretboard is madagascar ebony, body is ash. I am absolutely thrilled. The best comparison I can make tonewise is that, through my DRRI, it sounds like Jeff Buckley at Sin-E live. Very similar, open, blooming tones. Absolutely beautiful. I'm doing a record this summer with this guitar and will definitely post some clips as things move along.

All the woodwork was done entirely by hand. No pre-made bodies or necks here! The neck is fat- reminds me of an old Gibson. The finish is a shellac based, hand-applied whitewash. Photos do not do it justice. Weighs in at 7 pounds.

[​IMG]

smitty.west likes this.
  2. kracdown

kracdown Custom User Title Gold Supporting Member

Cool! What's the scale length on that?

3. G Man

G Man Member

Very nice! And I live a mile from Florence and had no idea there were any builders who called Florence home. Care to name names?

4. AustinIsPresent

AustinIsPresent Member

Jefferson Pitcher, if you're familiar with his musical work, is building. He's also working at Healy Guitars by day, so you may know some of his work without knowing it, per say!

Scale length is 24" like the Mustang I used to own. The neck was fun to figure out- I love the sound and feel of a shortscale neck, but I prefer chunky necks to skinny ones. Got both!

5. G Man

G Man Member

As I use Trevor for all of my guitar tech. needs, I very well may have seen his work.

rock on.

6. Axeaholic

Axeaholic Supporting Member

WTF that thing looks amazing ! That'S literally the most insane thing I've ever seen, what a beauty

7. Dale

Dale Member

8. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

What I mostly like about this is how pumped you are about this custom guitar! I love that you're psyched. Not hard to understand why, either! Congrats and enjoy.