NGD Danocaster Robben Ford Tribute

Eagle1

Hmmm....didn't know SRV, Sayce, etc took belt sander to there guitars.
This is rediculess , that ageing looks plausible but Nash guitars just look damaged . Relics are hard to do convincingly and it takes time to do well.

transmission

Dan - Can you tell me where you sourced the pickguard for this guitar? I have a '59 replica and the guard is too thick, this one looks just right. Thanks.

captwillard

I agree but that would rule half the industry out.
I think as long as it doesn't have Fender or whatever on it too it is OK.
It is a replica of a fender guitar, but they don't seem to enforce the rule too much. What is on the headstock doesn't matter especially when the original poster referred to the guitar as a "tele".

gkoelling

It is a replica of a fender guitar, but they don't seem to enforce the rule too much. What is on the headstock doesn't matter especially when the original poster referred to the guitar as a "tele".

Actually, it's not a replica. Fender has no trademark on their guitar or bass bodies, those designs are in the public domain. The op can call his guitar a Les Paul if he wants. This was all settled in court a few years back.

paulvcarter

I had one the same from Dan, the relic'ing was amazing. If I ordered another I'd have a narrower nut and a smaller neck to be more accurate to the Fender. They really feel like old friends.

transmission

I believe it is only the exact Fender headstock shapes (which Danocasters don't use) and the names (Fender and Telecaster in this case) that have any legal protection.

So call it what you will, we all know what it is, but it doesn't fall into the legal category of counterfeit. No case for Fender here, so should not fall foul of TGP rules either.

captwillard

I believe it is only the exact Fender headstock shapes (which Danocasters don't use) and the names (Fender and Telecaster in this case) that have any legal protection.

So call it what you will, we all know what it is, but it doesn't fall into the legal category of counterfeit. No case for Fender here, so should not fall foul of TGP rules either.
I don't agree. Obviously it is a replica guitar and the poster represents it as so, he even called it a "tele". You may feel differently, which is fine.

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
Oh brother.. has TGP really come to this ? There's some sort of "argument" in EVERY thread. I would imagine this is only on the internet.. I can't imagine hanging out at a cocktail party with such stupid bickering back n forth

so Captwillard.. no talking or posting about anybody besides FENDER brand "tele" style guitars for you ? Saying "tele" these days is like saying "Kleenex" instead of "tissue paper"

unsubscribed

captwillard

Oh brother.. has TGP really come to this ? There's some sort of "argument" in EVERY thread. I would imagine this is only on the internet.. I can't imagine hanging out at a cocktail party with such stupid bickering back n forth

so Captwillard.. no talking or posting about anybody besides FENDER brand "tele" style guitars for you ? Saying "tele" these days is like saying "Kleenex" instead of "tissue paper"

unsubscribed
No, I just wouldn't represent a telecaster style guitar as being a telecaster. And nowhere did I say you did that, but the original poster did...just like many threads do. Kleenex is a copyrighted name, just like Coke, and Xerox. Try to represent a like product under one of those names and see how long it lasts. It is possible customers of your could represent your product incorrectly on these forums which isn't your fault, but it can happen.

icr

Isn't Robben's guitar a Fender? What if a Chibson were made in the USA to look like a Fender, what would it be called...is Danocaster the correct term?

Shnook

What's with all this negativity? It's s fantastic looking guitar in every respect, and as an owner of 2 Danocaster's I can speculate that it sounds and feels just as good as it looks. Congrats and enjoy your guitar!

arnie65

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! Enjoy it mate.

What made you go with alder?
A friend of mine had and early 60's sunburst Tele with an alder body and overwound pickups, that thing sounded incredibly full and chunky. He played just about anything with it. He also had a Broadcaster with an alder body that had incredible tone. So I decided to go with alder.

Cheers,
Arnie..

Trending Topics