• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD: Early Birthday Present.

bilbal

So I will turn 40 next weekend (Saturday the 7th).

I got an early birthday gift last Monday. It's a new Les Paul Traditional and I love it!!!! I played one a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. The neck is a bit larger than other Les Pauls I have owned but I really dig it. The 57's are spectacular... warm and loud and perfectly eq'd IMO. The neck pup is killer and the bridge just screams. The neck pup is seated very low. I don't really want to screw around with the height cause I like it so much. That said, how high should it be?

Anyway here she is:

bilbal

Thank you sir. These two pictures are different then the ones I have sent you Emee. The grain seems to be coming out more and more. You know the opposite direction than the flame as we spoke about. It's probably just that I am noticing it more but it does seems to be more obvious to my eyes than before.

I'm having a hard time putting this guitar down. I love Les Pauls to begin with but this one just feels perfect in my hands. I love when a guitar is just right and I couldn't ask for a better fit than this one. I haven't even looked at my other guitars since this arrived.

trisonic

Thank you sir. These two pictures are different then the ones I have sent you Emee. The grain seems to be coming out more and more. You know the opposite direction than the flame as we spoke about. It's probably just that I am noticing it more but it does seems to be more obvious to my eyes than before.

I'm having a hard time putting this guitar down. I love Les Pauls to begin with but this one just feels perfect in my hands. I love when a guitar is just right and I couldn't ask for a better fit than this one. I haven't even looked at my other guitars since this arrived.
Good for you! These models seem very good value and they are made for actually playing..........Frankly I'm tired of the R8-R0 BS.

Best, Pete.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on a sweet looking Traditional!

I've got a Traditonal Gold Top on the way..........love the 57 Classics.

bilbal

I was on the fence about the Gold Top. I have always wanted a Gold Top for as long as I can recall. But when it came "crunch time" I went with the Heritage Cherry Burst as I have always gotten for Les Pauls. I'm basically a sap for these colors, I guess.

The guitar feels so perfect in my hands. And it sounds phenomenal, the 57's rock!!! I'm very happy with it.

Stratman, you are gonna love yours. Let me know when it arrives. I would love to see it. I'm a sucker for GTs too. I basically just loves Les Pauls - all of them - LOL :)

bynt

Wow, that's beautiful Bilbal!!! Congrats!!! Now slap a SYF on it!!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Good for you! These models seem very good value and they are made for actually playing..........Frankly I'm tired of the R8-R0 BS.

Best, Pete.
It's ridiculous to imply that people that own the Reissues don't play them and instead keep them under the bed in their collection.

XKnight

Congrats and Happy B-Day! The Traditionals that I've tried were all excellent guitars.

bilbal

Got to play it again this evening with my SLO. I have been keeping my SLO in the studio for rehearsals because it's just too loud to have at home. So needless to say, I very much look forward to Monday evenings when I can crank it.

IMO, there is just nothing better than a Les Paul into a cranked Soldano SLO. That match was made in Heaven. It's SOOOOOO addicting.

rockinlespaul

Refering back to the original post, if the pups sound good where they are, leave em be! I have my neck pup low(about a 1/4" from the strings), and sometimes below the rings.

That said...congrats! Great looking lester!

bilbal

Thanks F'!!!

I love everything about it but the neck pup is going to take some use to!!! It's very warm and sounds nice but I wish I could get a little more high end out of it!!

b

Trending Topics