NGD: Eastman E10OM

Beakertwang

I certainly didn’t need another acoustic. I have a well-worn Eastman AC522CE that has served me well for the last 10 years, but I’ve been drawn to the cool vintage vibe of the sunburst OM with the square headstock for quite some time.

I had this in my Reverb watch list for a while, and couldn’t hold off when the seller dropped his price.

Eastman E10OM with Seymour Duncan Wavelength Duo installed. Adirondack top, mahogany back and sides. Beautiful finish, great feel, terrific balanced tone. The neck is chunkier than I’m used to, but really nice. Looking forward to giving the Wavelength system a go live.
6FE5103C-D91D-4872-9DE1-8E1DB3815E69.jpeg

Mr Fingers

I played one of these recently, expecting to at least like it, and possibly purchase the guitar, but it was really disappointing. Not a little; a lot. It was unresponsive and pretty much DOA, though maybe it would have been fine amped or recorded, where sparkling, pure acoustic performance is not necessary. I like Eastman and their guitars can be excellent except for those that aren't. I'm sure another one of this exact same model could be exemplary. For that reason, I'd be leery of purchasing one simply by model without trying the particular guitar. You want to end up with a good one, not the one I played.

nightchef

I bought one of these a couple of years ago, and love it. If I had to make a wish regarding the tone, I'd wish for just a shade more bottom end response, but it's certainly not thin-sounding, and I expect the longer I play it the more the low end will speak. The tone overall is sweet and lively, and it's beautifully playable. Also agree that the neck is a tick or two thicker than my ideal, but not enough to bother me. Enjoy!

Beakertwang

I bought one of these a couple of years ago, and love it. If I had to make a wish regarding the tone, I'd wish for just a shade more bottom end response, but it's certainly not thin-sounding, and I expect the longer I play it the more the low end will speak. The tone overall is sweet and lively, and it's beautifully playable. Also agree that the neck is a tick or two thicker than my ideal, but not enough to bother me. Enjoy!
Compared to my 9-year-old AC522CE, it is a touch quieter and has a little less low end. I'm not sure whether that's due to the slightly thicker body, or the age of the guitar. I can't wait to hear it when it opens up a bit.

Beakertwang

Had a chance to plug it in tonight. Did a little live monitoring, and recorded a bit. The Wavelength Duo system sounds terrific, very natural and accurate live or recorded. I set the mic to about 75-80%, and flat EQ at the console. Really happy about how good it sounded with no effort.

Trending Topics