NGD. Eastman SB55

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Silver Supporting Member
I have the DC version, very well made. The thing I noticed above all was that there is zero fret sprout. They roll the fingerboard and the frets are smooth you cannot feel them. You rarely get that out of the box even on high end guitars.

lcfparty35

Played a dc in a local shop. I was really impressed, but the neck is kinda wide for me. Still gassed over it a while. Nice guitars, though! I had an arch top for a minute but sold it because I’ve decided to embrace my strat obsession.

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
HNGD!

I recently picked one up, think you'll enjoy it. Incredibly resonant and fun.

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
Spent some time figuring out the bridge and tweaking the action and intonation and checking everything over. It’s very well built and light. All the components are top shelf and rock solid. Fret work is perfect and the weight and balance is great. Then I plugged into my Magnatone Super…
Holy God the sustain on this thing is a whole different experience. Very resonant, rings forever, and that p90 is beautiful with volume and tone on 7 and just roll it up to 10 and it rips into crunchy goodness. I’ve not had a more dynamic guitar that is so responsive to attack or the volume knob. It’s just a really lively instrument, and can be fat or jangly. I know it’s day one but I’m in love with this thing and it fits my rig beautifully. Can’t wait to play it in a band setting.

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
I have the DC version, very well made. The thing I noticed above all was that there is zero fret sprout. They roll the fingerboard and the frets are smooth you cannot feel them. You rarely get that out of the box even on high end guitars.
Ditto on mine. You can tell they paid a lot of attention to the frets and playability. Top notch. I do prefer the color on the dc but I dig the vintage look of the sunburst too.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Silver Supporting Member
Ditto on mine. You can tell they paid a lot of attention to the frets and playability. Top notch. I do prefer the color on the dc but I dig the vintage look of the sunburst too.
I actually don't like the color of mine, it's too deep of a red for me. I think if it was more orangish-brown like a faded vintage model it would be better.

IMG_8469.jpg

kenoflife

Silver Supporting Member
Somewhere on here someone was experimenting with other pickups for the SB55DC...can't find. Curious if that was one of you.

jswr450

Congrats on the new axe. Eastmans are amazing. I have not seen one of those in person, but the pictures make me jealous.

Kleio

Silver Supporting Member
I used to own a Saul Koll made dc junior that I stupidly traded, I’ve regretted it ever since. I think I’ve found the guitar to replace my lost Koll. I recently bought an Eastman SB55/dc and I couldn’t be happier. The fretwork is impeccable and the neck is perfect. It’s super light, easy to play and rings like a bell. The overall quality to cost ratio is off the charts with this guitar.

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
Really good price/value on these. Only drawback I found on mine was the okoume/ebony combination made it very bright. Fortunately, playing with different cap values solved it.

(not a Koll though)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom