• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD: Eastman T386

who...me?

I appreciate made in America, but I'm completely blown away by the quality of this instrument at this price point. I have to admit I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to the name on the headstock. My eyes have been opened!

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
I've played a few Eastmans and have been very impressed.

Let's see some pics!

Elduderino73

I appreciate made in America, but I'm completely blown away by the quality of this instrument at this price point. I have to admit I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to the name on the headstock. My eyes have been opened!
Gibson and Fender both enjoy that headstock tax.

And as for guitars at that price point, I don't know what it is but I think there is some subconscious conditioning going on when comparing Big Name Guitar Company to another brand guitar that is 1/3-1/2 the price. There's part of me that says something must be wrong, it must be crappy, the quality simply can't be there, etc., etc., etc. Then you play the other guitar and can't believe it.

Honestly, how much of buying from Big Name Guitar Company is just to impress and be the envy of your friends? Isn't there just a hint of that in the decision to buy one of those guitars? Never mind the friend with the Epiphone or MIM Squire can flat out play and run rings around you, at least you have the "correct" headstock.

If I have enough cash in hand and am dead set on buying from Big Name Guitar Company then I will. Otherwise I like to see what is out there and see what my money will buy.

I'm at the age where I could care less what others think of me or my gear.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the NGD!

I've owned 4 Eastmans, and think they are one of the best values out there.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
Just wish they offered a fatter 59 neck option! But they are the best bang for your $