1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

NGD : EBMM Silo Shoreline gold !!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by silot, Feb 9, 2012.

1. silot

silot Member

Being a fool for gold guitars I couldn't resist this when I saw it !
    There's a story behind it, as it was Rob Harris' (Take That, Jamiroquai) backup Silo for quite a few years so it's seen some pretty big stages !
    The truth is that I'm not sure yet about its skinny neck, but I love the colour and I have a feeling that she'll be an ultra-useful studio instrument...!
    The shoreline gold looks great on it, the matching headstock looks terrific and being a few inches taller than Frodo I love its compact size !
    I got it through Coda music (UK) and I have only great things to say about their customer service !

So, here it is !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Nada

Nada Member

stunningly beautiful~ congratulations! I hope you can bond with the neck.

3. BCJek

BCJek Member

That's not being a fool, man. That's being a man of taste AND style. Gorgeous.

4. acwild

acwild Member

5. paranoid70

paranoid70 Member

Nice. MM Silhouettes are my favorite guitars.

6. Colt14jr

Colt14jr Member

Looks awesome! I love Silhouettes!

7. silot

silot Member

Thanks guys !!

Last night I used it throughout the rehearsal and I'm completely assured that this is a really good guitar. The available tones are absolutely useful.
    What bothered me a little was that when I tried to re-string it, the locking Schallers wouldn't lock the string 100%. There was some annoying slipping when I was stretching the new strings. I don't know, must be probably the pin inside the tuner.

Anyway, this is a quality instrument, I feel really good holding it and using it and everyone commented on how beautiful it looks and how balanced and clear it sounds !!