• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD - Edwards E-LP-135ALS Lemonburst

TheClev

As seen on TV
This is actually a few weeks late, but I wanted to really break in the guitar and get past the honeymoon before posting my impressions.

She's an Edwards Les Paul clone, all-lacquer finish, gorgeous flame maple veneer top (with an actual maple top underneath), Long Tenon neck, etc. You can look them up to see all the specs, but what really stuck out to me is the surprisingly great fretwork and authentic-sounding Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups.

I can't compare this to a Les Paul Standard because I've never had one, but the quality and sound is easily a cut above the studio line, and the guitar costs (even with shipping from Japan) quite a bit less than a Studio. I'd also rank it considerably higher than my PRS S2 Singlecut in terms of feel and build quality. In term of sound, this is one of the brightest LP's I've played. The volume and tone knobs make a HUGE difference in tone, and I find usable sounds from 0-10 on the tone knob, which has never been the case with other single cuts. It feels like it can cover more ground than a typical Les Paul.

The bad: the guitar has the artificial relicing, which I'm not a fan of...but this was the only option in Lemonburst with the all-lacquer finish, so I compromised.

Clinic

I've had a cherry burst ALS-130 with Seth Lover PUs for about 18 months now and I'd take it over a Gibson LP Standard any day, even if they were the same price! It just feels more solid and better constructed. That the Edwards is substantially cheaper means Gibson should be out of business by now...

TheClev

As seen on TV
I've had a cherry burst ALS-130 with Seth Lover PUs for about 18 months now and I'd take it over a Gibson LP Standard any day, even if they were the same price! It just feels more solid and better constructed. That the Edwards is substantially cheaper means Gibson should be out of business by now...
I think they probably would be if Japanese models were available for sale in the U.S. For me, buying from Japan through Ebay was just as easy as if it had come from the U.S. The only difference was shipping cost and time, thanks to U.S. Customs.

jbbusybee

Agree with the earlier statement. I owned a LTS 130, sold it for a much more expensive guitar.

Big mistake, the Edwards was a stellar guitar at any price.

I now own an Edwards SA 135, needed to have and Edwards back in the house.

aceinet

Silver Supporting Member
I always keep looking at the Edwards line. One day I'll pull the trigger, sorry wallet, and get one.

candid_x

Congrats! Loved mine but sold it to a good friend. He loves it too. I'm stuck on single coils it seems.

Enjoy!

captainironmax

Gold Supporting Member

I ran across this at a pawn shop last week. I was lucky to acquire it for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to play it, other than in the pawn shop, but first impressions, are that I'm pretty impressed. It has really good action for a used guitar that hasn't been setup to my preference. It's heavy, but of course that's a positive to most people. Fit and finish are shockingly good. I was also pleasantly surprised with the quality hardware.

TheClev

As seen on TV
I ran across this at a pawn shop last week. I was lucky to acquire it for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to play it, other than in the pawn shop, but first impressions, are that I'm pretty impressed. It has really good action for a used guitar that hasn't been setup to my preference. It's heavy, but of course that's a positive to most people. Fit and finish are shockingly good. I was also pleasantly surprised with the quality hardware.
Nice grab. That's a sharp-looking custom. I feel the same way...shockingly good hardware, fretwork and set up. I was playing through my old #1 yesterday and thinking, "Man, I wish this played as smoothly as the Edwards."

Trending Topics