NGD!!! Elite strat

T Dizz

After seeing what this strat does, I must say, it's the only strat I've ever GASed for.

TheClev

As seen on TV
Wow, I love that color. The Elites basically replaced the Deluxe series, right? Also, is that a truss wheel at the base of the neck? How do you like that?

John C

Gold Supporting Member
I've always liked bluebursts, you did a great job capturing this color that appears to be hard to photograph (on some deal sites it can either look totally washed out and almost silver in the middle, or it can go the other way and not look bursted at all).

Wow, I love that color. The Elites basically replaced the Deluxe series, right? Also, is that a truss wheel at the base of the neck? How do you like that?
Yes, the American Elites replaced the American Deluxes - Fender has consistently updated the American Deluxes every 6 years since they came out; it was due for the next update this year. Suppose Fender felt they had made enough changes this time around to give them a new name.

I'll let the OP respond about the truss rod; I've only played a couple of Elites in local stores. I have owned EBMMs with a similar adjuster in the past - I will say that only one of them needed regular adjustments and EBMM's version of the wheel worked really well on that guitar.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
It is interesting that Fender seems to be able to successfully integrate modern technology well, whereas if Gibson changes 1 spec by a tiny amount, they loose thousands of devoted customers. :sarcasm

Great looking guitar. I'm not into blue myself, but am very interested in how this Strat performs.

Blahfingers

I haven't had to use the truss rod adjuster yet. The look doesn't bother me but I had wondered whether it could've been concealed slightly better. Having just struggled to adjust the truss rod on my old MIM strat, I think the new one is an improvement in design.

The guitar came pretty well setup. The intonation is only very slightly out for two strings but I'm just nitpicking. I wouldn't have noticed without checking with a strobe tuner. No flaws to be seen in fit/finish.

It's only early on, but I have to say the neck has the best access of any of my guitars and may have the nicest feel to play too. The compound radius/neck (it's both the fretboard and the neck that change shape higher up) just feels really comfortable.

The pickups sound a little more bassy or 'thick' than my MIM but still strat-like. Probably just need a bit more treble dialled in on the amp. I haven't explored the S1 switch sounds much, other than to say some of them sound pretty good with distortion.

Very happy so far.

Blahfingers

I've always liked bluebursts, you did a great job capturing this color that appears to be hard to photograph (on some deal sites it can either look totally washed out and almost silver in the middle, or it can go the other way and not look bursted at all).
Funny you should say that- I was worried about exactly that because they always looks like there's too much stark contrast between the light and dark blue in the burst in photos. Even in my pic it probably looks more that way than it does in person. In person it's a much more subtle transition, so I was relieved when I opened the box.

Trending Topics