1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NGD Epi G-400

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mfdtim, May 23, 2011.

1. mfdtim

mfdtim Member

Just picked up my new Epi the other day. Love the neck on this things and there's barely any neck dive.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

I played one exactly like that recently. It was a white one, MIC. Very nice guitar, I too loved the neck. Has a nice wide, flat feel that I like. How do you like the pick-ups? - I didn't plug in the one I tried.

Howdy neighbor, right down the road in Yardley!

3. mfdtim

mfdtim Member

Wow, you are right down the road. Did you play the one at gc in langhorne? If so, it very well may be this one. A lot of people say that the G-400 pups are muddy, I didn't get that at all, this thing screams, I love it!

4. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

Yes, it was at the Guitar Center in Langhorne. I probably played it about a month ago, so I'm not sure if it's the exact one. The one I played had this really nice wide, flat neck. Very similar to a 61 Reissue SG neck. I like the neck on this white Epiphone SG better than the reddish/brown Epiphone SGs. Those necks felt a little chunkier and block-ish.

I wonder if the white model is a different model or attempt at a reissue than the regular G400?

How would you describe your guitar's neck?

5. mfdtim

mfdtim Member

Yeah, it would have to be the same one. It has that nice wide flat neck. They had this guitar for ages, I had my eye on it for a while, but had to wait until after my wedding to pick it up. The serial number shows that it was made in 08 and I bought it new, so I'm sure they had it for quite some time before I saw it.