• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: ES-355

zum

I jumped on this as part of CME's blow out prices on ES guitars. It's listed as a used floor model, but it was at their warehouse when I ordered it. I think they bought a bunch of Gibson's 2016 left over stock and sell them as used floor models so they can advertise the lower prices. Anyway, I first saw this ES-355 listed for $2595 on Amazon.com (through CME). So I called them up and got them to knock a few hundred dollars off. I figured they had some leeway since they didn't have to pay the amazon fees. During the set up, they emailed me about a blemish they found on the top. They took off another $100 off. Needless to say, I'm very happy and have had a lot of good luck buying guitars from them. I also got a deal from them last winter when they were blowing out their 2015 guitars.

The guitar is gorgeous and plays beautifully. I'm not sure how I feel about the richlite fretboard. I wish I could moisturize it or something. It has 57 classics which I also have in my les paul. I love em'. The blemished turned out to be nothing.It's just around the f-holes. Overall, I'm still adjusting to it.

Magnets And Melodies

Silver Supporting Member
VERY nice dude! Congrats!

Good job on hopping aboard the CME deals train. I just received my ES LP yesterday and was so blown away, I went ahead and bought a 2016 1959 RI 335 this morning for a killer deal. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yours really is a beauty! That blem wouldn't bother me the least bit considering the savings you got!

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
Dude you are on a roll! Congrats!

VERY nice dude! Congrats!

Good job on hopping aboard the CME deals train. I just received my ES LP yesterday and was so blown away, I went ahead and bought a 2016 1959 RI 335 this morning for a killer deal. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yours really is a beauty! That blem wouldn't bother me the least bit considering the savings you got!

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
Happy NGD! She's a beauty!

I jumped on this as part of CME's blow out prices on ES guitars. It's listed as a used floor model, but it was at their warehouse when I ordered it. I think they bought a bunch of Gibson's 2016 left over stock and sell them as used floor models so they can advertise the lower prices. Anyway, I first saw this ES-355 listed for $2595 on Amazon.com (through CME). So I called them up and got them to knock a few hundred dollars off. I figured they had some leeway since they didn't have to pay the amazon fees. During the set up, they emailed me about a blemish they found on the top. They took off another $100 off. Needless to say, I'm very happy and have had a lot of good luck buying guitars from them. I also got a deal from them last winter when they were blowing out their 2015 guitars.

The guitar is gorgeous and plays beautifully. I'm not sure how I feel about the richlite fretboard. I wish I could moisturize it or something. It has 57 classics which I also have in my les paul. I love em'. The blemished turned out to be nothing.It's just around the f-holes. Overall, I'm still adjusting to it.

zum

Here is another photo with my two CME scores over the last year... the one on the left if the ES355, the one on the right is a '64 ES-345 with no varitone that I got in November. Both on smokin' deals. The ES-355 feels sturdier. The 345 is built with light weight woods and the is a difference. I think I prefer the neck on the 345 a little more as it's a little wider and slightly less wood on the back of the neck. The 355 has a similar feel to my Les Paul. Sound wise, the 345 is a little brighter (MHS Humbuckers) than the 355 (57 classics) and I'm wondering how much of that has to do with the 550k pots.

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
That sounds promising...I already bought an ES LP but I've been tempted to score another Gibson with all the great deals from Sam Ash and CME.

Are you speculating that even greater deals are upcoming?

Please share if you got the 411?

You ain't seen nothing yet....

Top Bottom