NGD: Fano JM6 Standard

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
As promised in my other thread, pics of the newly acquired Fano JM6 in Ocean Turquoise with Fano P-90's. Weighs in at 7 lbs 11 oz. My first "boutique" guitar aside from some Gibson Custom Shop stuff.

Just got it today, so have only had a few hours with it so far but man...I think it's quickly going to become my number 2.

Came setup really really well. Really comfortable to play, both standing and sitting. It balances very nicely. The curves are in all the right places. My arm rests comfortably on the body.

I haven't really been that big a fan of distressed/relic'ed guitars, but I think this one is done really well and to me is visually stunning.

Sounds fantastic into the AC20 Deluxe so far. Something about P-90's into EF86 preamps that I've always loved. Cleans up beautifully with the volume rolled back, and gets pretty nasty turned up, but in a sweet way that's pleasant to my ears. Might try some Lollar Firebirds just out of curiosity someday, but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

Let me know what you guys think!

P.S. Josh over at guitarstobeplayed.com hooked me up. Great guys over there, and very knowledgable.

Krausewitz

I loved the Fano standards...hate that they're virtually all relics.

They would have sold better as normal guitars. :(

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Nice! love that colour.
Looks like my JM6's good twin hehe.
You have good taste, my friend! :beer

I loved the Fano standards...hate that they're virtually all relics.

They would have sold better as normal guitars. :(
Yeah, I completely get what you're saying. I have historically thought it was a little strange to buy a brand new guitar that someone had purposely beat up on. But there was always this argument that I kept hearing about it having a "broken in" feel from day one that I was curious about. This one definitely has that "broken in" feel. Not sure I'm specifically going to look for relic'ed guitars in the future, but I'm happy with this one.

theroan

I just traded my Dunable Yeti for a Fano JM6 standard. It may be the best guitar I’ve ever played. My number 1 for years has been a Les Paul Classic Antique. The Fano in a few days has tempted me to sell it to get another JM6 with humbuckers.

Tomi JR

Niiice, love the colour, congrats!

My Alt de Facto JM6 (the one in my profile picture) is a keeper, there really is something special about it. Hope you like yours as much, enjoy!

Trending Topics