NGD Fender American Deluxe - 2-Tone Iron Burst

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by flume, Mar 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. flume

flume Gold Supporting Member

In answer to the musical question, "can new gear be responsibly acquired in these times of self-quarantine and physical distancing?", the good people of Willcutt Guitars say "Yes!".

They confirmed that online sales and shipping operations are done with adequate space between their crew to ensure safety first, enabling my momentum on new Fenders to continue unabated. Taken from a Design Experience/Dealer Event, this color shifting/two tone iron burst Deluxe Stratocaster caught my eye quickly as I'm always into limited edition or slightly off the menu models and Willcutt seems to have an abundance of them. As first spied from their site:
    [​IMG].
    The idea of trying the N3 noiseless pickups plus the color shifting metallic colors really hooked me and the American Deluxe aligns features I have come to really appreciate- the right heel carve -the right bridge and this version of the S1 switching differs from that of my American Performer I recently got. With a safe transaction confirmed, it was just a few days until this happy sight on my street; dispensing with signature pads as a risk factor for viral transmission, knowing nods of assent were exchanged in a now familiar ceremony:
    [​IMG]
    As expected, different light fires back a range of different colors. Iron Burst and then some:
    [​IMG]
    It sounds fantastic with all the Matchless - tops are Clubman and Laurel Canyon. The S1 series and parallel choices offer some brand new sounds to me. A fresh appraisal of amp settings is required though on some of these which makes for fun discoveries. And the treble bleed means there's useful shading to be had on the bridge pickup dialing down to 6 or 5. Lots to work with. Middle and bridge in series is all the rage in this camp!
    [​IMG]
    The aforementioned neck heel as on The Edge signature got me hooked to start - and is welcome here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In keeping with my downsized case obsession; I secured a teardrop faux leather case from Eden Guitars/CA as done for my Jaguar Strat and the Performer. The geometry works much better in my car and is perfectly protective. Vanity dictates an artful dodge of logo plate swap putting my ball peen hammer skills to the test for a third time and its a charm:
    [​IMG]. Lots of fun to play and find new sounds. Thanks again to Willcutt for bringing some good vibes into a bleak time.

Cam1936, Billy Moss, CPower and 15 others like this.
  2. shupe13

shupe13 Member

That's gorgeous.

flume likes this.
  3. flume

4. twotone

twotone Member

I like the teardrop shaped case. Strats fit that style of case like a glove.

DakotaRed and flume like this.
  5. flume

I’m hopelessly addicted to downsized and contoured cases. Eden has a nice selection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NicDo, Billy Moss, DakotaRed and 2 others like this.
  6. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Silver Supporting Member

Very nice...congrats!

I'm a big fan of American Deluxe Strats and the S-1 system. Once you learn how to use it properly there's a lot of goodness to be had there. I have a few Deluxes with the S-1. The humbucker in the bridge position plus the S-1 gives a very wide selection of tonal options.

[​IMG]

And that's a very nice case as well. I bookmarked it on the Eden site for when the economy picks back up.

flume likes this.
  7. vbf

vbf Silver Supporting Member

Wow, OP, gorgeous Strat!!!!!

flume likes this.
  8. gunslinger

gunslinger Member

9. DakotaRed

DakotaRed Member

That’s awesome paint on that Strat! I’ve seen automotive paint that flip-flopped between crazy colors like green and purple, but never earthy oranges and browns and golds. I’d love to see one of those in person.

I’m eye-balling one of those Eden cases, maybe the brown/brown or maybe the tweed. I’ve got a tweed thermometer case that came with a Custom Shop Tele and always wanted something similar for my Strat.

flume likes this.
  10. flume

I’m more than a few years late to the S1 and N3 party. Thankfully this dance card was included in the case pocket!
    [​IMG]

11. vourot

vourot Member

That is a really nice Strat and if I ever bought one I would go for the S-1 switching system, its a no brainer to get the extra tone options. Also, I don't think I have ever seen a pic of the delivery included in NGD announcement . Nice touch !

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    flume likes this.
  12. flume

I've made it my new tradition!

13. Borealis

Borealis Supporting Member

Nice finish!
    Congrats!

flume likes this.
  14. GTRJoe

GTRJoe Supporting Member

Love that color. Great looking Strat!

flume likes this.
  15. CPower

CPower Silver Supporting Member

Wow very nice! im pretty sure thats a picture of the REAL Santa Claus in your second picture.

flume likes this.
  16. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

Beautiful guitars

flume likes this.
  17. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Sweeeeet. That finish is insane. Congrats and enjoy!

flume likes this.
  18. flume

Plenty of indoor time these days so all Strats on deck!
    [​IMG]