NGD! Fender American Deluxe Strat V Neck in Fiesta Red

fechart

Excelent build quality and features. Neck is outstanding. All I can say is this guitar is top notch and beautifully crafted.

About the Noisless N3s... I expected a flat and kinda compressed response to dynamics. To my surprise, the response is beautiful, they register very well my playing at least. I'm not a strat cork sniffer, and while I dig the vintage ones, or vintage sounding pickups, this one is really stellar in its own way.

You *must* setup the pickups height properly, low height (as it came to my hands) is equal to dark sound, mainly on the neck pickup. Anyway, it's not a bright tone that comes from the guitar. But it definetly has that strat chime and sparkle. No harmonics missing and very good strings separation.

Here she is!

Love strats, love fiesta red guitars, love gotoh 2 post trems, love maple necks, love the evh 5150, I basically ****ing love this picture.

Warlag

You got yourself a great and beautiful guitar! I always had a soft spot for fiesta red... I have a 1996 Fender JagStang in that Color. Always wanted a strat in that Color also or a nice light blue Color. If your used to the fender C shaped necks it might take a day or 2 to get used to the V neck... but once you get used to the V neck you fall in love with it!

fechart

Thanks for the comments guys!

Many people don't dig solid colors on strats, I do love myself those vintage 2 tone sunburst, but this one is fantastic. The Fiesta Red color is a strange color, it is red but it is kinda pink too, with a touch of orange. Difficult to appreciate on a pic.

I replaced my EHX Soulfood for a J Rockett Archer today. I'll post a clip demoing the guitar with and without the Archer, and comparing it to a couple of different strats! Will be lots of fun.

Cheers!

GK34

Nice! I used to have one of those in Fiesta Red that played like butter. I would have kept it, but this particular one was just too heavy. Enjoy it!

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Those Am Dlx V necks insanely good!!

Excellent point on the N3s.
Too many players don't take the time to set pickups up properly. Setting up noiseless Strat pickups the same way you set up vintage does not yield good results.

el cosaco

Congrats! This one looks stunning. I also love the looks of its surf green sister. IMO, Fender really should offer a modern strat (Pro or Elite) in these classic colors.

It's cool that you enjoy the N3 pickups. How do you like the extra switching options provided by that s-1 button on the volume knob?

fechart

Congrats! This one looks stunning. I also love the looks of its surf green sister. IMO, Fender really should offer a modern strat (Pro or Elite) in these classic colors.

It's cool that you enjoy the N3 pickups. How do you like the extra switching options provided by that s-1 button on the volume knob?
I haven't noodled a lot with the S1 switch. The volume jump when you engage it is like ouch! But I found position 1 with S1 particularly good for distorted tones! Keeps a single coil character but darker and fatter.

Carbohydrates

The Fiesta Red color is a strange color, it is red but it is kinda pink too, with a touch of orange. Difficult to appreciate on a pic.
Yeah, Fiesta Red is not a "red" red. That would be Dakota Red. Fiesta is really pinkey orangey, and when you see vintage Fenders advertised as being "coral pink" or "salmon pink" they are USUALLY (but not always) actually just a faded Fiesta Red.

Check this out, the following 3 pics are all the same guitar under different lighting conditions.

Indoors, under artificial light:

Indoors, under natural light:

Outdoors, overcast day:

fechart

Stay tuned! Doing a demo today! Gonna record with the Deluxe and a '92 stock AS. Maybe with a 2014 AS too... Will be lots of fun

Rayzaa

Thanks for the comments guys!

Many people don't dig solid colors on strats, I do love myself those vintage 2 tone sunburst, but this one is fantastic. The Fiesta Red color is a strange color, it is red but it is kinda pink too, with a touch of orange. Difficult to appreciate on a pic.

I replaced my EHX Soulfood for a J Rockett Archer today. I'll post a clip demoing the guitar with and without the Archer, and comparing it to a couple of different strats! Will be lots of fun.

Cheers!
Solid colors on Strats is the way to go. I actually dont like bursts on them.

fechart

This is a really quick demo I made, comparing it to a 1992 stock American Standard. Just for fun, nothing scientific lol. The 1992 is brighter, but they both sound good in their own way.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Very nice - I dropped the Gen4 noiseless pups in mine. I would try them at your local GC. They're a big improvement to the N3's to my ears.

[The N3's are fine pups as you recount.]

Edit: you'll be amazed at how much more useable the S1-engaged tones become with the Gen4's.

They're a drop-in replacement.

Trending Topics