NGD: Fender American Standard Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by devilrob1979, Feb 19, 2009.

1. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

Here she is. I don't have a camera so you gotta deal with a crappy cell phone pic but it's pretty well identical to this one. Initial feelings. Plays great, sounds great, is incredibly lightweight. I don't have a scale but my Hamer is 7.85 lbs (gotta love that good wood) and this is lighter. It plinked a little with bar use but a little chap stick cured that problem. It's very resonant and I like the pickups. The bridge can be a bit harsh since it is a strat bridge pickup but it sounds really nice with the tone rolled back just a hair. The neck's very comfortable for me although I'm still getting used to the gloss on the fretboard thing. I was going to go with rosewood but since they're finishing the rosewood boards now I decided to go with maple just because I only have one maple boarded guitar. I only have one rosewood board guitar too but if I'm going rosewood I want it dark and not dyed or finished. All of the rest of my guitars have ebony boards. The charcoal gray metallic finish is really nice as well. It's a little more blue than I had anticipated but I like blue. I have wanted an SSS strat for a long time and I really like this one a lot. The best part is it came with a free stool. Nice case too!
    Sorry for the crappy picture but here it is
    [​IMG]

Aside from grain variations in the neck it's identical to this.
    http://elderly.com/fmic/items/FNASS-CFM-MPL.htm
    I just paid $280 less than Fender wants for 'em now. Had to get in while the getting was good.

2. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

She's purdy!!! Love Charcoal Frost Metallic!!

3. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

Awsome!!! great color, play it in good health and don't ever sell it, you would regret it.

4. gadzooka

gadzooka Member

SSS, maple neck, vibrato...I almost don't consider it a Strat without those. Congrats! Wish I still had one. :)