• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD: Fender Blacktop Telecaster!!! (pics)

jimmyohio75

Just got my Blacktop tele out of layaway today. I'm having her setup tomorrow by my guitar guru!!
Initial impressions are overwhelmingly positive. It is a great guitar for $400 (what I paid after discount). The pickups are fairly decent but after playing it against my LP the results were not surprising.
Earlier today I did a side by side test against my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. See my other thread for the results!! here's a pic!

Garrett Bagby

Sweet. I played a couple at my local GC the other day. They had a black one that was very nice. I thought the pickups were pretty one-dimensional; only good for gainy rock stuff. That's easy enough to fix though. I'd be tempted to get a pair of GFS split humbuckers to make it a poor man's Deluxe.

They seem like a really great value. I'm so happy to see 22 frets!

jimmyohio75

I'm surprised to see this thread come back up. I posted this about 3 weeks ago. A lot has happened since then. I realized that I couldn't get used to the longer scale of the tele (after playing LP's for the last 6 years). I took the Tele back and ordered the Blacktop Jaguar (short scale, tune o matic bridge). I also bought a set of Dimarzio 36th anniversary PU's to replace the less than stellar stock PU's. It's backordered for a week or two but it looks like this:

Trending Topics