NGD - Fender Custom Shop Tele - not your average Telecaster

clmazza

Silver Supporting Member
Title says it all... albeit, posting has been a bit delayed since receiving this beauty. Certainly not your traditional "formula" tele however, certainly unique!

I've had a myriad of CS teles and regret selling an incredible specimen that was from '07 with a bigsby. I have a very early Nash "Keef" tele that has been in my stable since new and has covered all telecaster territories since. I have always been on the hunt to find another "special" one... you know, has all of the components and feeling that keep haunting you when you are without it? Ha!

So.... here it is. A rare and unique build. It's a '61 relic with select alder body and solid rosewood neck.... I know, blasphemy! lol. The pickups are really cool and sound incredible - Both are potted in shellac and have 43 gauge enamel wire. The bridge has Alnico 3 mags and the neck has Alnico 5's. The neck is glorious with a '63 C carve with Sanko 6105's. I chuckle every time I pick her up and strum a chord... sonically elegant yet can get very nasty! Weighs in at just a hair over 7lbs and has ZERO neck dive. A few quick pics.... Have a great weekend and 4th of July! Chuck

rs=w:740,cg:true,m

clmazza

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks all! Killer guitar, sonically. I’m thoroughly impressed

clmazza

Silver Supporting Member
Dang! That really is spectacular. I bet it sounds immense. I love the feel of an all rosewood neck too - like silk!
Thanks! A note about the neck... it has a thin coat of lacquer that I may remove or at least make a satin out of it. It isn't tacky or sticky after playing for a bit.... We shall see!

C-4

Title says it all... albeit, posting has been a bit delayed since receiving this beauty. Certainly not your traditional "formula" tele however, certainly unique!

I've had a myriad of CS teles and regret selling an incredible specimen that was from '07 with a bigsby. I have a very early Nash "Keef" tele that has been in my stable since new and has covered all telecaster territories since. I have always been on the hunt to find another "special" one... you know, has all of the components and feeling that keep haunting you when you are without it? Ha!

So.... here it is. A rare and unique build. It's a '61 relic with select alder body and solid rosewood neck.... I know, blasphemy! lol. The pickups are really cool and sound incredible - Both are potted in shellac and have 43 gauge enamel wire. The bridge has Alnico 3 mags and the neck has Alnico 5's. The neck is glorious with a '63 C carve with Sanko 6105's. I chuckle every time I pick her up and strum a chord... sonically elegant yet can get very nasty! Weighs in at just a hair over 7lbs and has ZERO neck dive. A few quick pics.... Have a great weekend and 4th of July! Chuck

Congratulations!
Hot diggity dog! What a guitar.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom