NGD! Fender MIM Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by idk, Dec 19, 2009.

1. idk

idk Member

My first time doing an NGD! My new MIM Fender Strat HSS! As many of you know, I've been wanting that "swiss army knife" of guitars to cover a lot of bases for church. I was a little hesistant at first especially because I don't know much about strats, but a fellow board member Zachman here helped me out a ton! He must've been in a good mood since he was willing to let me walk out of his shop paying only half if I promised to come back with the other half the next day, plus he personally ran through all the blue strats for the one that played the best. Thanks a lot zach, I'm gonna enjoy her. Here she is, and shes a beauty! I haven't taken any solo shots of her yet, but here she is with her sister Dorothy. I haven't officially named her, but I have one in mind.

Sorry the lighting's a little unclear, i will get a lot more pictures up soon. She matches the other instruments on stage!

[​IMG]

2. Bro Blue

Bro Blue Member

Sweet. Enjoy it.

3. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

Nice axe! Enjoy!

4. monty

monty Member

Congrats!
    My #1 is a MIM Fat Strat.

5. idk

idk Member

thanks guys, i'm really excited for it. theres so much tonal versatility. hopefully the humbucker helps me get some fat tones(i haven't had too much time to play with it, i was gonna use it at church today but i figured i better play it safe).

heres a few more pics:

[​IMG]

heres the family Christmas photo. by the way, still haven't named the strat yet. i'm thinking "Ihilani"(heavenly splendor) right now, but some don't like it.

[​IMG]

Like I said, she matches the other blue instruments on stage!

[​IMG]

Heres the whole rig. the guitars go through a TU-2>Modded TB Crybaby>Sparkle Drive>TS9x>Modded DS-1>MIJ DC-3>DD-20>Rocktron Hush>Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12

6. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Member

Congrats!

And good onya for your service to your church.

7. Wesman61

Wesman61 Member

Same here. It plays great and is light weight.

8. idk

idk Member

thanks Brian.

guitguy, yeah i like that its a lighter weight than the dot. i feel like i can move around more.

9. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Nice color!

Yeah; there are so many individual examples or specimens of this model to choose from. You can dig and try and dig and try until you find a remarkable one. Too much emphasis on price can be taken away from all our discussions. When you think about it, what difference is $ 50 if one MIM Strat is barely average and another is an unmistakable gem?

Congrats.