• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

NGD Fender Uptown Strat

flume

Platinum Supporting Member
Another one lands from the Parallel Universe and the winning streak continues. I’ve been watching and waiting for these to materialize at any of the retailers I’ve worked with before but no go. Other than CME and Eddies, none of the big online stores had them; they seem to have bobbed and weaved into smaller shops. I learned the run was sold out and wasn’t about to push it like I did the Jazz Strat. Found one with nice uniform grain and appealing serial number (really) at All Music in NY. Set up to my heavy gauges with wound third sealed the deal with lightning fast shipping - within 48 hours. I think they can fold time and space across dimensions. Next thing I saw was :
94310871-FA51-4172-B6A4-BE591601C60D.jpeg Packed in double boxes and full packing means happiness upon opening:
5E70DC3B-CCC8-455A-8D41-C84535AACF18.jpeg
It’s fantastic! Yes the ergonomics and feel would make any Les Paul player immediately at ease. Solid slab mahogany body is very comfortable no matter where you come from.
The neck and fretwork are spotless- and very fast. Probably the most thin and shallow neck carve of all my recent Fenders so it’s nice to have some variation. Knob placement is ideal. My hand clears them and the vibrato is smooth - holds tuning great.
78077D13-337B-4BD8-8C9E-6C2BA8E2D744.jpeg Ever since discovering this heel on my Edge Strat, I’ve wanted it on every one...and happily it’s here. Love the tinted neck and smaller headstock here: 6FA521C6-6AD8-4869-81E0-837732043A8A.jpeg
The pickups really set this apart - really nothing else like it in my stable. Warm, deep, beefy, and loads of useful combinations with the coil taps; not wimpy and thin. Current fave for chords: middle position and tap the neck. Lots of bounce and definition with a voice unlike any other. Fun! 001A3244-75D2-4F01-B630-8DC3019927BD.jpeg

TIMMY51

Looks beautiful ! I’ve never even have heard of it before. Do they come in different colors ?

flume

Awesome, HNGD to you !
how are the pickups on that one?
As described in my post- very warm and deep, and the tapping works great. Loads of useful tones in here that don’t attempt to be a Strat - it has its own thing going on - maybe some filtertron flavors in a few positions if I had to make a comparison but more depth. Totally it’s own voice. They sound great into 6v6s too through the Laurel Canyon:
3D1FA607-5305-4518-990E-6BCC9341285D.jpeg

JJ Fux

Wowww... I think I read about this guitar like two days ago, and you are already rocking on it at home! Damn, I'm jealous as hell!

I wish the scale was 25.5", but who the hell cares as long as it sounds nice too.

Nice buy, sir! Sound clips would be awesome!

flume

Looks beautiful ! I’ve never even have heard of it before. Do they come in different colors ?
Happily no. Otherwise I'd be in decision constipation. Fender decided for me and calls this Static White and I do dig it very much. Most of the Parallel Universe models come in 1 color and I dig that. For this one, the seafoam green case is included too.

John C

Gold Supporting Member
It's a limited edition in their "Parallel Universe II" series; this one is in just the one color. I don't know how big their runs are for the 2020 series but previous limited edition runs were anywhere from 250 to 1000 units.

Texsunburst59

I really like this guitar.

I'd really like a chance to have a chance to audition one of these in person,but because they're a limited run, doesn't look like this is a possibility.

All I can hope for is that one of these ends up used at a guitar shop in my area.

Congrats on a very cool guitar.

flume

Thanks all. It’s a ton of fun to play. This one was a slow grower on me when I saw it announced. Others were more immediately a dagger up my strap but over time this one got a grip on me. Really surprised how many stores couldn’t get it. Snoozing and losing.

Lots of sustain in these pickups and as they lean a bit on the dark side, I’m finding great sounds with el84 amps like the Matchless Lightning.

Fun touch on the pickup toggle switch - currently off...cheeky selector:
4174DF73-FB70-404D-8E9E-0E87035DE0AD.jpeg

Trending Topics