NGD! Finally found the strat for me

whiskypete

Well I've been working in music stores for years, and have had my hands on literally thousands of strats. Some great, some not so great. But none of them ever really spoke to me or inspired me till I found this one. I played it for about two minutes before looking at my roommate and saying I think I'm in trouble dude, he played it, and said, yeah, you're in trouble. So needless to say I couldn't get my card out fast enough. It's a Fender American Vintage Hot Rod 62 in Sherwood. Coincidentally green is my favorite color too. So I couldn't be more happy. I might drop some Lollar Blackface pickups in, but other than that this thing is a beast.

whiskypete

I don't know really. It just felt like what a strat felt like in my head, and responded the way i thought it should. It sounds better not plugged in than any other strat i've picked up and strummed on

Dashface

Those are great looking guitars, and they have killer necks. Enjoy, sir, and congrats! :D

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on a beautiful Strat!

Good choice on the Lollar Blackface pups as an alternate choice to the stock ones.

I love them in my Strat!

cbmccarthy

Cool color. I picked up one in Olympic White (w/ mint guard) recently at a swap. Wasn't really looking for a Strat and have never really bonded with any in the past, but this one just had this great acoustic quality like you mentioned. Awesome neck, too, as previously stated. Guy wanted $775 for it, so I ran like hell to the bank.

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on your new Fender American Vintage Hot Rod '62... Love that Sherwood Green finish!

skydawg

I've got a sunburst one and love the neck but I want one in sherwood green...so yeah i'll trade ya.:dude

proreverb68

I don't know really. It just felt like what a strat felt like in my head, and responded the way i thought it should. It sounds better not plugged in than any other strat i've picked up and strummed on
Thats always been my secret to finding great strats. First thing I do is play it of course but i always put it up to my ear unplugged and strum some notes.
Unless It sounds lush and sustained 3d rich and clear I put it right back down. Pickups can always be changed but the wood and build tone isn't.
Nice find on yer strat.

Tito83

Congrats! VERY nice guitar.

I feel like an odd duck for not liking mine. The guitar was perfect from an outside point of view. It looked great, the photos really don't make justice to the colour, it's very well built, it sounds great too... But I just couldn't play that neck, it was just too big for me.

Mike Duncan

Staff member
I had one in green and sold it...bad move on my part, I miss it.

You've made an excellent choice!!

slap dat

Nice Strat. I have the white one. Give those 57/62s a chance. I think they are amazing sounding PUPs.

Trending Topics