1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

NGD Finally, my first American Strat.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by metrokosmiko, Jun 1, 2020.

1. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Member

Earlier this year I tried this exact guitar at my local guitar store while hanging around with friends and wanted to buy it on the spot, but the price was too inflated to justify. Later my family booked a trip to the U.S. so I figured I would look around for a nice Strat there - that would've been in May.
    Anyway, with our trip botched and the local store coming up with a sale to keep afloat during the outbreak, I snatched this for the right price and couldn't be happier.

The pickups are that sound. The neck feels just great. I set it up with 9.5 strings tuned to Eb.

You know, I'm not getting "honeymoon phase" vibes from this guitar because it just feels like an old friend already. You can't beat that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jven, Whogo, Clyde Billt and 69 others like this.
  2. TL;DR

TL;DR Member

Nice! Congratulations
    I bought my first American strat in 1989, and still love it.

stratman89 and TheClev like this.
  3. disconnector

disconnector It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down. Silver Supporting Member

There something about good single coil pickups and Eb tuning for sure! Happy NGD!

4. Stu James

Stu James Member

I can relate, I just got an American special that instantly gave me that awesome authentic strat sound. Love those fender hard cases to!

5. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later

I have always liked that rosewood fret board/ black body combo. Congratulations. I hope it brings you many years of pleasure.

metrokosmiko likes this.
  6. djg714

djg714 Member

Sweet Strat enjoy.

7. Sneaks

Sneaks Member

Those American Professionals are all the Strat you will ever need. I just missed out on a 2018 Olympic White w/Maple board myself :(
    It was the first Stat, after playing/owning several through the years, that I immediately bonded with. Timing and the virus induced shutdowns got me on that one.

BozoTone likes this.
  8. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Member

With a little luck, you'll find one just as good. I'm not saying these are particularly consistent (For me, mine had an edge over the other ones at the store) BUT they're all really good.

Sneaks likes this.
  9. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

Got my first American Strat back in 2007. It looks like a road worn series by now, but that makes me love it all the more. Enjoy your new guitar, and hang onto it!

10. shupe13

shupe13 Member

11. VintagePlayerStrat

VintagePlayerStrat Supporting Member

12. rickt

rickt Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations! Strats rule!

13. spawndn72

spawndn72 Member

Mine came in the mail on Friday. I tried it through my Boss Katana and loved it. Later I tried it through my Blues Junior; those two are a match made in heaven.
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

metrokosmiko likes this.
  14. Swaters

Swaters Member

Awesome Strat! Dig the humbucker as well. I hope you enjoy it for years to come :):beer

15. ikan

ikan Member

Congratulations on your new axe!

I'm scouting for a good deal on an American Professional HSS, but in sonic grey. Hoping to find my 1st Strat soon!

16. aussie_owner

aussie_owner Member

Nice, I love the Deep C neck on my American Professional Strat. That’s a great looking guitar, enjoy!

17. leftygeetar

leftygeetar Member

congrats!

18. Nigel Davenport

Nigel Davenport Member

Awesome guitar! Strats rule!

19. blong

blong Supporting Member

Nice axe. Fender is making some of their best guitars, ever. Enjoy!

Bob

20. tga-3

tga-3 Silver Supporting Member

Congratulations! It will serve you well!