• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD Fist Tele!

rublalup

Hello to all. Fist I have to say that I´ve been playing guitar for a few decades now but for reasons I can explain I´ve never owned a tele.

I guess it has something to do with my musical taste... I started with classic rock / hard rock and been depeloping fom there into a more bluesy taste, even when I still love and play rock music.

My first "real" guitar was an Ibanez RG570 (I just wanted something close to satch axe)... I then bought a MIA strat, an Epiphone LP, I then traded some gear for a PRS Santana SE and fell in love with a PRS Zach Myers SE that I aquired last year.

It was supposed (so I tell the wife) to stop there.... but I just can´t stop. After listening a lot of Ritchie Kotzen / Winery Dogs I started to lust after a tele... read some reviews, listened to some "tele music" and here I am .... my first tele!!!

I eventually decided to buy a used 2014 MIM FSR Ash tele.

So I have to let you know my first impressions:

1-the guitar is beautiful. The only thing that I feel is a shame is that I know that it always gonna be that beatiful... I dont think is possible to naturally relic this one.

2-the fret work is excelent. Much better than my MIA strat when I bought it new.

3-the neck is comfortable. It was absolutle straigh but the truss rod is very responsive and a light turn give it just the perfect amount of relief

4-I adjusted intonation and for now I thnk is ok. The gitar play chords relatively in tune in very part of the neck.

5-I put Daddario´s 10´s. Its a little stiffier than my strat (I assume the tremolo helps here) but is ok.

6-I really like the single coils. All my other guitars are humbucker equiped (even the strat as I put some dimarzios there). Strumming chords is great and solos sing very nice.

7-the single coils are a bit noisy with gain... I have to take it to practice/gigs and see how they behave. I really want to kkep this one as a single coil guitar.

8-While setting the guitar up the B string strated to buzz on every fret. After extensive looking I notice that the string was "caught" on the saddle height hole. An esay fix, but I´m wondering if this string slipping is common.

Here are some pics:

One with the rest of the caddle:

HTSMetal

Awesome Tele! That's the quintessential Tele right there!

When I saw the thread I was expecting something like this:

Trending Topics