• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: Gibson Custom Brian Ray '62 SG Jr.

RetVet2018

Hello! Just received my Brian SG Jr. today, so I figured I'd post a few pictures!

It's a great feelin' guitar, and it's my first foray into the SG and the P-90 pickup worlds. I haven't gotten a ton of time with it just yet, but I've heard only great things about P-90 pickups.

I also posted a close-up picture of the finish since some of the pictures out there don't really do it justice. Even the Sweetwater photos made it look a little more solid white than the pictures I'm posting here. The hair-like lines in the White Fox finish look fantastic, and there's a slight pearly, iridescent look as well that doesn't really show up in the photos.

RetVet2018

Beautiful guitar.
Honestly don’t know who Brian Ray is.
I’m with you. I’d never heard of the guy before, but I thought this guitar looked fantastic. After putting it off for a bit, I decided to get one, but my decision had nothing to do Brian Ray himself (no offense to the guy).

RockDC

I wanted one bad but not bad enough to put a second mortgage on the house... congrats man. It seems like an all around quality instrument! Keep us posted on the tones.

Perfect Fifth of Whiskey

Silver Supporting Member
Amazing guitar. Congrats! Love the bound neck with trapezoids and veneered headstock with MOP logo and crest. And a tune-o-matic, vibrola and ebony block. I love this SG. Color is perfect. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I like the finish with the visible grain. The sheen does come through a bit in the picture.

The inlays in the ebony block remind me a little of the Bride of Frankenstein.

Trending Topics