NGD Gibson Les Paul Classic "Lite"

HoboMan

Silver Supporting Member
NIce.

The black wasn't available when I bought mine. I already have a regular Classic in black so probably still would have bought the honeyburst at the time but I like this guitar so much that I don't even play my thick bodied Classic anymore. It feels very bulky now. Probably going to sell it.

ucnick

Supporting Member
Funny story. The other guitarist in my band who has the honeyburst model like yours said he didn't buy the black because (get this!) "the binding will yellow as it ages and it will look funny". I think he was f***ing with me. If it was me I could not have said it with a straight face. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have a few boat anchors still hanging around myself. Still love 'em, though.

Just became aware of this model, and ordered one today, honeyburst. Usually my stuff from Zzounds does arrive in two days (only 6-7 hour drive away) so we'll see. Will update when it arrives.

K.O.R.

Timely bump, I just made my final payment using their 18 month no interest payment plan

Congrats! Post some pics when you get it.

This is a timely bump, I just made my final payment using their 18 month no interest payment plan.

I'm still loving this guitar but I'm loving it a lot more lately. I just had it refretted with jumbo stainless steel frets and a new bone nut installed. Yes, I had a fairly new guitar refretted. I'm a huge fan of these frets. I have a local Luthier that does fantastic refrets and he saw a guitar I had listed for sale on Facebook. He asked if I would be interested in trading for a fret job so I jumped at the opportunity to have this one refretted.
When he messaged me to say it's ready this was his exact quote: "It's like roller skating on ball bearings on melted butter on glass". :)

Mine came with the circuit board pickup wiring but no push/pull pots. I just bought a replacement circuit board with 4 push pull pots. Plan on installing it this weekend.

Pics of the new frets and nut.

Does your local Luthier do refrets for customers from out of town who ship a guitar to him? Tom

HoboMan

Silver Supporting Member
Does your local Luthier do refrets for customers from out of town who ship a guitar to him? Tom
Yes, he does. You can reach him here: http://www.fatcatguitars.com/
His name is Scott and he's a GREAT guy. Definitely worth talking to him if you're considering a SS refret. He's done 4 for me so far and they've all come out great. And from the prices I've seen other people mentioning on this forum I would say he's VERY affordable.

Any updates?

I actually got my second one in today. I loved the first in many ways, but the jack was almost impossible to get a cable into, and had a real hard click at the very end. Would have destroyed cable after cable, trying to pull it out. And the neck taper laid off at the end, behind the second fret--it was a bit fat. I've got 5 other recent slim taper Gibsons in the house, and this one didn't get shaped quite the same. Lastly, it didn't really have a burst--it was just a sort of same color honey all over the top, with no real fade toward brown.

So I made the difficult decision that if I am paying this much, I want it to be issue-free. I know because if I buy one that has an issue, it will basically just sit around for a while until I sell it.

Only had the new one a couple of hours, so will have to report back a third time later.

skhan007

Supporting Member
Yes, he does. You can reach him here: http://www.fatcatguitars.com/
His name is Scott and he's a GREAT guy. Definitely worth talking to him if you're considering a SS refret. He's done 4 for me so far and they've all come out great. And from the prices I've seen other people mentioning on this forum I would say he's VERY affordable.
I’ve heard of this guy. One of my good buddies in the Chicago area uses Scott for all his guitar work. This guy does stellar work for sure.