• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD - Gibson Les Paul Custom

jpage

Damn, never liked these--even owned and sold a couple before because they were boat anchors. Stumbled upon this 8.2 lb (!!!) Black Beauty (2010 '57 Historic) the day before year end bonus day!! Got a very fair price, sounds phenomenal, neck is HUGE--wow, I'm in love. Welcome the third member of my Gibson Les Paul family:

jpage

Congrats! That's very light for a Custom. Almost too light I dare say. IMHO of course....
Actually I agree--I usually consider 8.5-9.5 the ideal weight for a Les Paul. 8.2 lbs is one damn light piece of solid mahogany--I put this guitar through the paces yesterday, thought about it for a day, went back and came to the same conclusion--it is exceptional.

rockinlespaul

Actually I agree--I usually consider 8.5-9.5 the ideal weight for a Les Paul. 8.2 lbs is one damn light piece of solid mahogany--I put this guitar through the paces yesterday, thought about it for a day, went back and came to the same conclusion--it is exceptional.
That's all that matters! Enjoy!

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
Back in the day, my bud had a 72 Custom in Black just like that one. Brings back the memories. I always felt that my 72 Goldtop Deluxe just never matched the kewl factor of his Custom. Nice score, looks fabulous.

omfg51

What a guitar. Quite a beaut, great find man!! Everything stock? If so, any plans to modify?

rastus

I've got bursts and goldtops, but I have been a Custom man since the start-prefer the black ones. Welcome to the top of the range! Yours looks amazing, and the all mahogany construction really gives these the feel of a breed apart from the rest.

b2sc

I converted from LP Standards to Customs about 8 years ago. They are sooo bitchin'. Nothign creams atttitude like a low slung custom. Enjoy.

jpage

What a guitar. Quite a beaut, great find man!! Everything stock? If so, any plans to modify?
Haven't opened it up yet--been too busy playing it. Of course at some point you know I'll end up testing a bazillion pickups in it LOL.

Trending Topics