NGD - Gibson Les Paul Custom

jpage

Damn, never liked these--even owned and sold a couple before because they were boat anchors. Stumbled upon this 8.2 lb (!!!) Black Beauty (2010 '57 Historic) the day before year end bonus day!! Got a very fair price, sounds phenomenal, neck is HUGE--wow, I'm in love. Welcome the third member of my Gibson Les Paul family:

1f15b901.jpg

ba72f2f1.jpg

79677315.jpg

jpage

Congrats! That's very light for a Custom. Almost too light I dare say. IMHO of course....

Actually I agree--I usually consider 8.5-9.5 the ideal weight for a Les Paul. 8.2 lbs is one damn light piece of solid mahogany--I put this guitar through the paces yesterday, thought about it for a day, went back and came to the same conclusion--it is exceptional.

rockinlespaul

Actually I agree--I usually consider 8.5-9.5 the ideal weight for a Les Paul. 8.2 lbs is one damn light piece of solid mahogany--I put this guitar through the paces yesterday, thought about it for a day, went back and came to the same conclusion--it is exceptional.

That's all that matters! Enjoy!

Bikedude

Back in the day, my bud had a 72 Custom in Black just like that one. Brings back the memories. I always felt that my 72 Goldtop Deluxe just never matched the kewl factor of his Custom. Nice score, looks fabulous.

omfg51

What a guitar. Quite a beaut, great find man!! Everything stock? If so, any plans to modify?

rastus

I've got bursts and goldtops, but I have been a Custom man since the start-prefer the black ones. Welcome to the top of the range! Yours looks amazing, and the all mahogany construction really gives these the feel of a breed apart from the rest.

b2sc

Silver Supporting Member
I converted from LP Standards to Customs about 8 years ago. They are sooo bitchin'. Nothign creams atttitude like a low slung custom. Enjoy.

jpage

What a guitar. Quite a beaut, great find man!! Everything stock? If so, any plans to modify?

Haven't opened it up yet--been too busy playing it. Of course at some point you know I'll end up testing a bazillion pickups in it LOL.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom