NGD: Gibson Les Paul Custom

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! A black (or white, or wine red) Les Paul Custom is one of my bucket list guitars. Maybe some day I’ll drop the coin on a new one, or stumble across a used one that’s priced too good to pass up.

Riffi

Courtney DIDN’T Kill Kurt!
Silver Supporting Member
This is my first Gibson and, as they say, go big or go home so, here it is - my new 2022 Les Paul Custom with some bonus upgrades to the normal Les Paul Custom (the S-400 trapezoid inlays; Custombucker pickups; and chrome hardware rather than gold)

Specs:
  • Ebony Nitrocellulose Finish
  • 2- Piece Maple Top
  • Solid Mahogany Body
  • Mahogany Neck
  • Long Neck Tenon
  • Ebony Fretboard
  • Rounded Neck Profile
  • Mother of Pearl Super 400 Inlays
  • 24-3/4" Scale Length
  • 12" Radius
  • 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Gibson Custombucker Alnico III Humbuckers
  • 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
  • Tune-o-Matic Bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece
  • Grover Kidney Tuners
  • Chrome Hardware
  • Weight: 9 lbs., 6 oz.

View attachment 643962 View attachment 643963 View attachment 643964 View attachment 643965
Looks great, congratulations & enjoy

Mr Fingers

??? I'k for gold on Customs, sorry. Worn old gold is my favorite look by far. Chrome (which I have on one) is too glinty for me. And I'll take the standard solid pearl blocks, too. But that's just me -- it sounds like most posters really like the more distinctive look of your great new guitar. One thing's for sure -- as it gets played in, that black will take on a luster and be a real knockout. My old custom has a great ebony fretboard, too. Gibson gets well-deserved criticism for its rough, light RW fretboards, but with ebony, they sometimes put out incomparably smooth, beautiful fretboards like yours.

Kurt L

Silver Supporting Member
I bought it for myself for my 50th birthday and it finally arrived (considering nobody else gave me a present or even a card, I figured I would treat myself)
I think you came out ahead. ;)

Congrats on the new guitar, hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

MorphineNoir

Silver Supporting Member

Spectacular!

The Super 400 inlays really makes it look great.

Enjoy it in good health:beer

Thank you all!!! I love the S-400 inlays

Happy 50th!…That was almost a country song except it ends on getting a LP Custom :cool:

HAHA yeah too much of a happy ending for a country song

I dig it! Congrats!

Nice! A black (or white, or wine red) Les Paul Custom is one of my bucket list guitars. Maybe some day I’ll drop the coin on a new one, or stumble across a used one that’s priced too good to pass up.

HNGD, that’s an awesome guitar. I love the Custombuckers as well.

Looks great, congratulations & enjoy

Beautiful guitar and like what others have said, the custombuckers are amazingly good.

Cheers

OH MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS THAT'S HOTTTT!!

The chrome hardware and inlays really set that sexy beast off! :dude
Congrats and happy 50th. :beer

Thanks - I am loving it - sounds as good as it looks

??? I'k for gold on Customs, sorry. Worn old gold is my favorite look by far. Chrome (which I have on one) is too glinty for me. And I'll take the standard solid pearl blocks, too. But that's just me -- it sounds like most posters really like the more distinctive look of your great new guitar. One thing's for sure -- as it gets played in, that black will take on a luster and be a real knockout. My old custom has a great ebony fretboard, too. Gibson gets well-deserved criticism for its rough, light RW fretboards, but with ebony, they sometimes put out incomparably smooth, beautiful fretboards like yours.

This is my first ebony fretboard on a guitar - previously had carbon fiber, maple and rosewood - not sure I can go back now from ebony

Beautiful guitar. I like the look of the chrome hardware better than the gold on the LP Custom.

That is unique and classic at the same time. Gorgeous.

Congrats dude! Nice touch with the super 400 inlays.

What finish is that? This is offensively beautiful

Color is Ebony gloss

Wow, I had no idea those inlays were even an option on the LPC!!

Beautiful. Love the super 400 inlays

extremely cool as metal as &@#%!!

Love it!

I think you came out ahead. ;)

Congrats on the new guitar, hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

This guitar is a keeper!

MorphineNoir

Silver Supporting Member
What amp does it sound best with?

Played it for a bit earlier though the Katana 100 and it sounds great - will run it through my other amps and amp sims tomorrow as I do not want to disturb my upstairs neighbor tonight (and do not want to play it through headphones tonight - need to push some air)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom