NGD Gibson Les Paul…despite UPS efforts to scuttle the deal twice!

NSDQRKR

NGD…Got a new Gibson Les Paul Tribute for around $1000 after some discounts. Love the weight 7.9lbs…love the 490 pickups was looking hard at Righteous RAFs but was pleasantly surprised with these 490s…QC was spot on no issues with fret Sprout or finish. I actually like the satin finish in the Tobacco Burst as it gets the worn look properly over time. Neck is a little fat but not too big. Tuners seem stable and frets are level. I’m cool with the maple neck it seems solid. Wanted a Les Paul and this scratches the itch for me. Feel like my guitar collection is complete now.
UPS However a different story on QC…last week (Wednesday) they delivered it to the wrong house…Musicians Friend put an inquiry in to find it…UPS found it but then delivered it to one of my neighbors a few houses down yesterday. Neighbor knocks on my door this morning says I think your guitar was delivered to me. Mystery solved.
490FBAE8-BDB2-4AE2-B6A7-C7D698CF5433.jpeg
C4C6B138-62BB-4D97-81D2-F60BBEAFACEE.jpeg

Sean French

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome. :aok :dude Congrats. :beer
I bought a 50's Tribute Gold Top with P90s when they first came out in '10.
Dug it and liked the chambered sound. Needed $ and sold it on Craigs List in '14 on Father's Day. :bkw

Buddhist#6

Courtney DIDN’T Kill Kurt!
Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations & enjoy… bummer about the delay but at least it arrived in one piece.

caspa

Gold Supporting Member
NGD…Got a new Gibson Les Paul Tribute for around $1000 after some discounts. Love the weight 7.9lbs…love the 490 pickups was looking hard at Righteous RAFs but was pleasantly surprised with these 490s…QC was spot on no issues with fret Sprout or finish. I actually like the satin finish in the Tobacco Burst as it gets the worn look properly over time. Neck is a little fat but not too big. Tuners seem stable and frets are level. I’m cool with the maple neck it seems solid. Wanted a Les Paul and this scratches the itch for me. Feel like my guitar collection is complete now.
UPS However a different story on QC…last week (Wednesday) they delivered it to the wrong house…Musicians Friend put an inquiry in to find it…UPS found it but then delivered it to one of my neighbors a few houses down yesterday. Neighbor knocks on my door this morning says I think your guitar was delivered to me. Mystery solved.
View attachment 634676 View attachment 634677
490's are one of the best Gibson neck pickups IMO, I got a 2000s SG with measured 500k pots and 50's wiring and I couldn't believe how different the 490's sound without that treble cut from >450k pots.

I definitely prefer the 490 in neck to burstbucker and 57 variations

Top Bottom