NGD: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut

dmraco

Had to have one...love it. Guitar looks, sounds and feels better than most Gibsons I have played. One small flaw in the finish (third photo) not sure if I should make a big deal of it. Hard to see but the color is their gloss yellow, like a trans yellow you can see the grain thru.

OM Flyer

That's a pretty innocuous finish flaw. Fuggetaboutit and enjoy your new guitar!

dmraco

That's a pretty innocuous finish flaw. Fuggetaboutit and enjoy your new guitar!
just wanted to make sure it was not a structure issue. Not that the integrity of the neck is bad...that this is was filler...I guess I am being overly ANAL.

Halowords

Kudos! I'm a fan of double-cut LP-styles (or in this case a double-cut actual Les Paul), and the finishing flaw is, as stated before, pretty innocuous (OM Flyer's old English teacher must be cheering from a stack of ungraded final exams right now ;)), I doubt you'll notice it much in everyday use, if at all. I'd imagine the P90's work well with that. It's nice. Enjoy it!

-Cheers

Darkness

Did you get a discount for the flaw? I'd ask for one if you didn't. Would you pay full price for a new car that had a noticeable ding in the door?

XmasTree

sweet!
i love double cuts!

i almost bought the faded version of that...
but i bought a Reverend Daredevil doublecut.

Dashface

Doublecuts are rad. I remember the first time I saw one - I'm pretty sure it was in a picture in the Superunknown song-book... I had no idea what it was at the time but thought it looked amazing :D Still do! They are very cool. Congrats!

JimmyB

Gold Supporting Member
I believe they're all slim '60s necks... there may be some variation with the gloss models, but my faded DC is pretty slim... just at the bottom of the comfortable neck girth range for me. To put that into perspective, the neck on a '61 reissue SG is too small: hand cramps in seconds!!! :cry:

jrmgtrplyr

Nice guitar - I love LP special doublecuts. The finish "flaw" is no big deal at all and actually does not look like a finish flaw at all. It looks more like damage from hanging on a guitar hanger not a flaw. You might be able to buff it out a bit if you wanted to and make it less noticeable.

Trending Topics