NGD: Gibson Les Paul Special Pro.......(wine red)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jimmyohio75, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

I just got this bad boy out of layaway today. This is a GC exclusive. It is called a Les Paul Special Pro. I have always had a thing for LP Specials with humbuckers. This guitar rocks. It is nice and light weighing in at around 6.9 lbs. This guitar may have the best neck I have ever played. It is a 60's slim profile neck but it is slightly thinner than other 60's necks I've played. It has coil taps (which I will rarely use) and the new HB3 humbucker in the bridge and a 490R in the neck. So far I love this guitar. ******If anyone needs a real nice Gibson Deluxe gig bag I have the bag that came with this guitar for sale in the Emporium. It's brand new and selling for cheap!!
    It is so easy to play, it's like cheating. here are a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Harvesterofsorrow

Harvesterofsorrow Member

sexy, ive god bad les paul gas right now and this is not helping!

3. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

That looks incredible Jim....how does it play? Sound?

How about the bridge pup? Must know more

4. jcv

jcv Member

Happy NGD! Sweet guitar!

5. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

It plays like a damn dream. I played it in the store for about 30 minutes and I knew I had to have it! The bridge pickup is a new Gibson pickup called the HB3. It reminds me a lot of a Burstbucker Pro that I used to have in a Vintage Mahogany Les Paul a few years back. It has lots of bite and sustain and sounds nice and crunchy! I play mostly hard rock and this guitar was made for that type of stuff. So far I love it!!:aok

6. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

7. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

I'm officially jealous Jim

8. GuitarZan92

GuitarZan92 Member

Whoa I dig that! Congrats! :)

9. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Member

First time I have seen that pick-guard.Looks like all the guitar you could need....Good job!

10. mdreef

mdreef Member

I just bought the exact same guitar from CG a few weeks ago - same color and everything - again, the same exact guitar. Like you, I loved it at first sight at the store and played it for 30 min.

I noticed after having it for a few days that the G string had a hard time staying in tune. I then realized that I'm having serious intonation problems! I first noticed it when I had a difficult time with a D Maj. and A Maj. chord. Then I noticed that the problem is almost present on all strings.

What happens is that the G and the D strings are sharp when I fret them. I do tend to press hard, but I have played other Les Pauls without this problem. I've just about had it and hope that someone can help me. I found all sorts of info online about this problem on Gibson LP's. I adjusted the bridge with no luck.

Do any of you have any ideas? Jimmy, have you noticed this problem at all?

Thanks!

11. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

12. mdreef

mdreef Member

Thank you for your input. I took my guitar in today for a setup and it is a million times better! The Guitar tech worked on a lot of adjustments including the nut, which made a tremendous difference.

I'm feeling much better about my purchase now because I was getting a bit discouraged.

Thanks again!