NGD Gibson Les Paul Special Semi Hollow

ke3ee

Ive been following the thread on this GC only special run. They looked very nice for the price . I stopped into my local GC today and they hadn't even opened the box yet. So this one has not been abused or hung on the wall. In fact several of the employees were amazed when they saw it, they didn't know they existed. I haven't really played other than in the store but I think for $1199 they are a great buy.

Last edited:

airportbar

Is that a granadillo fretboard? Was the case one of the new brown/pink interior ones or the older black/white interior ones? More pics!

kiki_90291

I can't find any info on these - not even on the GC or Gibson websites. Does anyone have the specs on these? Any other finishes available?

ke3ee

Yes it is a granadillo board. It is a black case with black interior. These are a special Guitar center run and are in their February flyer. I asked the store mgr and he couldn't tell me if any other colors would be coming out. These are not archtops, they are flat tops as a LP special would be but they do have belly cuts in the back. It has 2 57 classics , coil splits in the Volume ctrls. 60's neck with Grovers.

ke3ee

Got about 1 hour of playing in . First impressions are:

Setup is good from factory although when I change strings I will top wrap and lower the tail piece.

Neck feels great , frets finished well, nut cut well.

pickups sound very smooth, very balanced not to dark as I thought they would.

1 small areas where the finish isn't smooth and needs wet sanded about 1/2 " on side of neck close to neck PU .

I think she's a keeper

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice.
What's the neck profile?

OOPS.
Just saw it in your original post.

Congrats!

ke3ee

Changed the strings today and pulled the back cover off. There's orange drops in there. Lowered the pickups, top wrapped the tail piece and lowered it all the way.I do believe she is a keeper

towtruk7

Just picked one up today. Just letting the case warm up a bit before I take it downstairs to the music room.

robertkoa

Yes it is a granadillo board. It is a black case with black interior. These are a special Guitar center run and are in their February flyer. I asked the store mgr and he couldn't tell me if any other colors would be coming out. These are not archtops, they are flat tops as a LP special would be but they do have belly cuts in the back. It has 2 57 classics , coil splits in the Volume ctrls. 60's neck with Grovers.
I loved the Granadillo on the Bonamassa Studio - kind of like a poor man's Pao Ferro.

More attack than Rosewood but less than Ebony.

I didn't know what that fretboard wood was but I think I like it more than Rosewood.

Cool that this has Grovers and 57s.

Isn't this a great deal for $1199. ?

Closer to a LP sound or brighter ?

Last edited:

ke3ee

This is a great deal and it sounds like a LP. Not especially bright, more over tones and a bit more snap.

ke3ee

I ordered a Black\crème\black pickguard with no screw holes and double sided taped it on. These are flat tops so it fits nice.

Trending Topics