NGD - Gibson LP Special CL Score!!!!

Texsunburst59

Found this 2000 Gibson LP Special posted on CL last night.

He's just posted it and was asking $275. I asked if that was the lowest and he said make an offer. I offered $200 and he countered with $230.

I had to accept his counter and said he'd have to hold it until tomorrow when I can drive the 30 miles to his town.

When I called him the next morning, he said his phone was blowing up and he was getting original full asking and some that were more.

I told him not to panic because I was going to honor my promise to go pickup the guitar and he was going to keep his promise by holding it.

He said he'd be waiting for me.

Well I did go pick it up and it was in really good shape.

The guitar sounds good and it plays really well,but I will be replacing the P-100's with some good p-90's.

My 2000 Gibson LP Special:

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Great guitar and great score! Even though I have basically 2 specials I would have jumped on it at that price!

LBXPDX

That's an LP Special Lite. I had a D.C. version that was awesome. Great score. I really liked the P100's. Try various capacitors and pickup heights prior to swapping pickups.

Texsunburst59

That's an LP Special Lite. I had a D.C. version that was awesome. Great score. I really liked the P100's. Try various capacitors and pickup heights prior to swapping pickups.
Thanks for the insight. I will work with the pickup heights first and and maybe try the capacitors if the messing with the pickups doesn't do the trick.

Texsunburst59

I am amazed you would low ball him, and I'm more amazed he countered. Guy obviously didn't know what it was worth. What are you going to sell it for?

:hide2
I always ask for a lower price not matter how low it is. You're never going to know if you COULD get a better price if you don't ask.

The guy didn't seem offended that I asked for a lower price. He just said make me an offer, so I did.

I won't be selling the guitar. I'm going to hold on to if for a while until something I REALLY have to have comes along.
Then it could end up on the chopping block. I have other guitars that I'd let go to fund a new guitar before I'd let this one go.

Texsunburst59

Sure it's not stolen? At that price I'd be cautious. Looks cool, but not a fan of p100.
The guy was an older guy who lived in a really nice house on the beach. He had some really nice cars in his driveway, so I'm pretty sure the guy didn't steal this guitar.
I don't really know if I'm a fan of the P-100's, but I'm going to give them a chance before I replace them.

sg13

The guy was an older guy who lived in a really nice house on the beach. He had some really nice cars in his driveway, so I'm pretty sure the guy didn't steal this guitar.
I don't really know if I'm a fan of the P-100's, but I'm going to give them a chance before I replace them.
Dang looks like you stole it at that price...did you ask how much he wanted for the Porsche?

dubdub

Awesome find, i got my flattop gibsons for dirt cheap also, where about in texas are you? im usually checking the houston, austin, and sa craigslists. since im in between all of them.

Also its super awesome that he honored the original sale price.

Trending Topics