• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

NGD: Gibson R0 (1960 Reissue)

pattste

I bought this great guitar from Lauzon Music in Ottawa, Ontario on Saturday.

I have a very strong preference for the '60s slim taper neck profile but the dealers around here stock 57s, 58s and 59 reissues only, essentially every year other than 1960. I had tried a bunch of 58s and 59s before and they always left me cold. I had mentioned that the last time that I visited Lauzon several months ago and the owner had told me he was going to try to bring at least one 1960 in. I saw this one listed on the web site so I went to check it out. I immediately fell in love. As much as I loved my 2007 Les Paul Standard, this guitar is just at another level. This is a lot more guitar than I need, I'm just not worthy. My wife was with me and actually talked me into buying it. God bless her.

Officially, the color is supposed to be Iced Tea although I wouldn't bet the house on that.

I didn't take pictures of my own yet but I assume the dealer would be ok with me posting his since I actually bought the guitar:

Here are the specs:

Hand picked '60 reissue Les Paul from Gibson Custom in Nashville.
9.0 lbs
One Piece Solid Mahogany Body
Mahogany Neck
Plain Maple Top
'60 Neck Profile
Long Neck Tenon
Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
Burstbucker Pickups
Reissue Bumblebee Capacitors
Iced Tea Finish

It came with the reissue Lifton-style case.

cap47

That isn't the darker iced tea I have seen. I like that better than most of those!

phoenix 7

Beautiful! I've found the Historic LP's to be consistently excellent, first-class guitars. Congrats!

ahab

Wow!
Any Gibson naysayer ought to take a look at that guitar when they feel the urge to bash Gibson finishes.
Your guitar is absolutely stunning!

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on your beautiful Gibson RO Les Paul. Very nice...

A plain top wins every time on a LP for me. Something special about picking your guitar off the wall and paying for it. Very nice.

DCFanatic

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats looks good! I bought my Dr Z Maz 18 from Lauzon Music. Very nice guys there!

Trending Topics